Anyone use a MYM Stanless moderator ?

Looking for a new mod for my Winchester Coyote Light .308 win

Any one got or used a MYM stainless moderator supplied by Border Barrels

would like to know if there is a shift in zero when they are removed and re fitted,

and are they as good as a T8 Reflex for sound reduction and do they have a plastic bush fitted ?

Looking for a new mod for my Winchester Coyote Light .308 win

Any one got or used a MYM stainless moderator supplied by Border Barrels

would like to know if there is a shift in zero when they are removed and re fitted,

and are they as good as a T8 Reflex for sound reduction and do they have a plastic bush fitted ?

Hi bbob i use an mym stainless sound moderator and they are fantastic its actually my friend who makes them,there is no shift in zero whatsoever when taken off or on.They are equally as good at sound reduction as the t8 aswell and they do have a plastic bush fitted aswell they are much better than the t8 because you dont need spray them with oil and it wont rot hope this answers your questions.

The t8 is a good sound moderator, in that its quiet. It also rots.

The mym is stainless, and is just as quiet. The quality of manufacture is absolutely superb, and way in front of the t8 however. They fit the same, and have a very similar bush, and are the ultimate if you like the t8 style. Good value too.

Hi ratcherman would your friend deal directly with me or my rfd,

I am very interested in purchasing this style of moderator, most importantly to me is that there is no shift in zero as i always remove my mods after use

and do you know if he can he do this mod in 1 x 18 thread size for my .308

thanks

stuart

Hi ratcherman would your friend deal directly with me or my rfd,

I am very interested in purchasing this style of moderator, most importantly to me is that there is no shift in zero as i always remove my mods after use

and do you know if he can he do this mod in 1 x 18 thread size for my .308

thanks

stuart

Hi stuart you would have to deal with border barrels they will sort it out for you cheers

Interesting point there about the MYM not affecting the zero. How can that be ?

Surely anything fitted to a barrel will change it's harmonics though it's my understanding that the shorter the barrel the less the effect will be.

When i had my sako 75, .243 varminter threaded, i had the gunny make a thread cover as well. The end result was a very pretty polished stainless jobby that weighed in at a fraction more than the metal removed in the threading.

Despite this, the shift in zero was 5 moa left and 3 moa low with the protector fitted.

Therefore, how can the MYM "not" affect zero ?

Interesting point there about the MYM not affecting the zero. How can that be ?

Streeker59, not sure if you misread what bbod asked...... bbob asked "would like to know if there is a shift in zero when they are removed and re fitted,"

The MYM zeroed on a rifle, taken off and re fitted and shot again will have same zero as before.

The average reduction in sound is 23db-24db with a 308 win

Lee

P.s HIGH DAVE from the army!

Last time I was up at border barrels I saw the MYM and it looks good. My last T8 rotted through in parhaps 500 rounds. Fortunately thanks to the guys at border barrels I got a warenty replacement. The T8 is great and I have been on the range with 6 other moderated rifles and other lads remarked that it was the quietest. the only real draw back is the rust issue so I have just orderd a MYM from Border for my .308 Tikka T3 and cant wait to get my mits on it.

ATB

Dave

Archived