Regs' licences, paperwork etc re Explosives

325WSM

Of that I am unsure. The law wording is difficult (for me ) to understand - see below;

but I believe it is one or the other or 5 kg of both. That is certainly the case with a certificate of Registration as the wording is far more explicit.

Explosives not to be stored without a licence

10. – (1) Subject to paragraph (2). No person shall store explosives unless he holds a licence for their

storage and complies with the conditions of that licence.

(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to –

(a) the storage of explosives by a person registered in accordance with regulation 1.1

(
;)
the storage of any one or more of the following –

(i) no more than 10kilograms opf black powder

(ii) no more than 5 kilograms of –

(aa) shooters powder

(bb) any explosive or combination of explosives listed in Schedule 1 to the Control of Explosives Regulations 1991: or

(cc) a combination of shooters powder and any one or more of the explosives listed in Schedule 1 of those Regulations

(iii) no more than 15 kilograms of percussion caps or small arms ammunition or a mixture of them.

15kg of .308 win is approx 1100 round, I am allowed to hold, 2000x .308, 2000x .223, 2000x .303, plus several hundred of other calibres. The Plod should not grant that allowance if a seperate Explosive Licence is required.

Guest 308Panther

"I struggle to see a "need" for 10-12 rifles in anyone's armory,"

And I fail to see a need why its anyones business whats in my gun cabinet...

if I have the proper documents and tax licences its nobodies business but my own.

and if anyone thinks I am gonna announce publicly how much of what I have on hand...

Guess again.

What,where,how,when and why of the use of my "arsenal" is my business.

308Panther

It's all in the wording, You can want 10-12 rifles, you can have 10-12 rifles, you can shoot 10-12 rifles, you can use 10-12 rifles, but you dont need 10-12 rifles.

308 Panther,

"And I fail to see a need why its anyones business whats in my gun cabinet..."

It's not nnybodys buisness, but you still dont need 10-12 rifles

Funky,

"....since when have you mean the caliber police"

Never, never will be....

"just because you dont want or cant as your wife wont let you does not mean others cant have a cabinet full if they have good reason"

Your half right, I dont want THAT many rifles, in reality I have only got a need for 3 rifles, but could get by on 2.

There's a big diference betwen what you want/have from what you may or may not need.

AMax,

I suppose we actually need very little in life but we all believe that we need an awful lot.

How you, me and others interpret need is always going to be different. You may feel that you do not need 12 rifles and that is fine - but many others may interpret their value of the word 'need' differently and feel totally justified with their holding far more.

Please may we just agree to disagree on the definition of the word 'need'

M

Guest 308Panther
It's all in the wording, You can want 10-12 rifles, you can have 10-12 rifles, you can shoot 10-12 rifles, you can use 10-12 rifles, but you dont need 10-12 rifles.

308 Panther,

"And I fail to see a need why its anyones business whats in my gun cabinet..."

It's not nnybodys buisness, but you still dont need 10-12 rifles

Funky,

"....since when have you mean the caliber police"

Never, never will be....

"just because you dont want or cant as your wife wont let you does not mean others cant have a cabinet full if they have good reason"

Your half right, I dont want THAT many rifles, in reality I have only got a need for 3 rifles, but could get by on 2.

There's a big diference betwen what you want/have from what you may or may not need.

If you "cant see the need" then I wonder what you are doing here in the first place.

That "cant see the need" is nothing more than camoflage for an ANTI

So go back to your private little club and maybe take your rifle out of its storage locker that the lil ol missus doesnt know about and pretend to bullshit your buddies...

If you wont support the people that do have a need then by all means sell your rifle and sit down and shut up.

308Panther

to all

i do not think that any one is in the position to comment on how many rifles any individual should have or hold, having satisfied the powers that be, to his suitability/need for said rifles,i don't think it is anyone else's business.

ATB

Colin ;)

edited by col48 in the interest of keeping the peace.

Amax,

At one time the police had to show good reason not to grant a FAC, but now "WE NEED" to show good reason to have one and the guns on it.

In an age where the authorities are trying every trick to reduce the amont of firearms in private hands, the phrases "more then i need" or "dont need" should not be even be thought about let alone posted on a forum.

I respect your right to an opinion but in this case i think it is one you should have kept to yourself, so as 325 has asked lets get back to the original topic.

Ian.

If you "cant see the need" then I wonder what you are doing here in the first place.

That "cant see the need" is nothing more than camoflage for an ANTI

So go back to your private little club and maybe take your rifle out of its storage locker that the lil ol missus doesnt know about and pretend to bullshit your buddies...

If you wont support the people that do have a need then by all means sell your rifle and sit down and shut up.

308Panther

"Anti"??? ;) Well seeing your a Yank!!! You havent a clue :P

Loaded ammunition does not fall into the equasion, it is entirely separate and does not count towards the 5kg.

My FEO said it did but he has been proved wrong in other areas. Either way a couple of thousand 12 bore carts will not have a lot of powder in them, maybe 2 or 3 kilos.

A

Guest 308Panther
"Anti"??? ;) Well seeing your a Yank!!! You havent a clue :P

Rotflmfao..... 2 words for you.....

Brady Bill

:P;):D:D

308Panther

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that Paul, interesting read.

My interpretation of these regulations is quite clear apart from what seems to be the need to register our premises with the local authority and the fire service, if we store more then 5KG of powder. :(

This raises issues for those living in council housing, we already know of steps being taken in several London boroughs to curtail the storage of FAC holders firearms in thier own homes, if they are local authority properties. :(

Firearms are one thing but explosives are a completely different matter especially now that all powders have been re-categorised under the same heading.

Ian.

Archived