zeiss re-badged???

sauer

hi folks

i have a keeper friend who is looking for a scope for his .22-250

lookin for a 8x56

he told me he heard that zeiss are making scopes but they are "re-badged" with a different name

anyone know what thay are called? are they ok?

and finally anyone know where to get them??

cheers

sauer/paul

mmm maybe that was it...

but seemed quite sure about made by zeiss but not called or name on the scope as zeiss..

must admit im not sure but sounds familiar

bit o research on meopta me thinks...not a brand im aware of

sauer / paul

Isn't Zeiss's military equipment badged as Hensholdt?

Not actually sure if Meopta produce the Conquest range.I think that's Zeiss components assembled in the US.

I did hear that Meopta gets its glass from Schott who I also believe have Zeiss and probably many other optical manafacturers on their client list.

It's quite amazing some of the stories you hear,usually from people trying to sell you something :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of money??- i'm after a nice bit of glass

£1000 pound mate can be viewed. to be fair would perfer it to be picked up. bargain at that price. it has never been mounted and from what i can tell the cheapes i have seen them is sportsman guncentre for £1600 and thats the 30mm tube. this is the 34mm tube like they use in the army.

i had it here last night and the light gathering is out of this world

Not actually sure if Meopta produce the Conquest range.I think that's Zeiss components assembled in the US...

Yeh, that's what I'd always read, but whether it's true is another matter

Chris-NZ

Just checked my conquest, it's got "assembled in usa" on the eyebell, make of that what you will.

Rick.

To get an 'assembled in' status, they'd need nothing more than to be shipped to the US with, say, the turret caps off.

ds1 is an impeccable info source; if he says he's seen them being made at the Meopta factory, then it'll be safe to bet your house that that's where they're made ;)

To get an 'assembled in' status, they'd need nothing more than to be shipped to the US with, say, the turret caps off.

ds1 is an impeccable info source; if he says he's seen them being made at the Meopta factory, then it'll be safe to bet your house that that's where they're made ;)

Fair enough mate, not disputing what he's saying hence my "make of that what you will" comment.

Rick.

Archived