.20 tac dies.

Guest Scotland Rifles

Guest Scotland Rifles

ok guys

If you were buying a set of dies (redding) would you go for just the 2 die set IE full and seating

or the three die set,

thanks,

bob.

who's socks just got blown off with the price of dies.

Guest Scotland Rifles
No, do the three die competion set as you will need to ease the shoulders back a shade every few fireings.

A

thank you

but i thought that the full sizing die done that,

i was thinking of just the full sizer and the seater, and then later getting the the neck re-sizer,

well its more than likely i will have the three, but at £115,00 its a bit of a costly set.

bob.

You can do it that way round if you want but you may finish up with dies in two boxes. The Comp die set is in one box. Just keeps it together.

The full length die resizes the whole case each time, personally I prefer just to use a neck die then ease the shoulder back every few loads. I am pretty sure that case life is longer using a neck die.

I use the 3 die comp set on one of mine, nice gear. I have a friend who NEVER moves shoulders back, he gets a HUGE amount of life from a case mind you it feels a bit odd camming down on a stiff case. He does though check case length with a micrometer (not a vernier) at every reload.

A

Guest Scotland Rifles
You can do it that way round if you want but you may finish up with dies in two boxes. The Comp die set is in one box. Just keeps it together.

The full length die resizes the whole case each time, personally I prefer just to use a neck die then ease the shoulder back every few loads. I am pretty sure that case life is longer using a neck die.

I use the 3 die comp set on one of mine, nice gear. I have a friend who NEVER moves shoulders back, he gets a HUGE amount of life from a case mind you it feels a bit odd camming down on a stiff case. He does though check case length with a micrometer (not a vernier) at every reload.

A

cheers A.

i neck size all my .243 brass and after every 5 reloads the case's get a full size, been running the same 50 brass for a while now, and with 100+ still in the box i shan't need .243 brass for a while.

bob.

I would recommend you get the 'Redding Type S Match Neck Die Set'

You still get the competition seater, and can use specific bushings in the neck resizing die to adjust the neck tension. A competition neck sizing die is a bit of a waste of time on a non target rifle. It also includes a third body resizing die.

Andrew

Archived