243 AI supplied by Col48

Ok here we have a 243AI 270 tight neck supplied by Col48 precision custom rifles,the rifle was built for a mate of mine who wanted something the same spec as my Nesika,so we set about the project which invloved Col supplying the parts and getting the rifle built,

the spec of the rifle is as follows

Stillar Predator Custom single shot action

Loather Walther stainless match grade barrel 1 in 12 twist finshed at 25 inch

Arnold Jewel tigger with top safety

Mc Milam stock and trigger guard

Pillar and glass beded

Talley mounts and bases

Nightforce scope

as you can see by the photos the rifle is an eye full (like the stock or not) all parts are of top quality and is finished very very well,

Colin had the actions already in stock so we just needed to order a barrel which took only 5 weeks (my new barrel came as well)

Colin then tooks the parts to his smith (along with my re barrel job also) both rifles were fitted chambered screw cut within 1 week (now thats fast)

The next stage was proof we waited a week as we were in no hurry as other rifles were due to be taken in so why make a special trip although Colin did offer to proof them straight away

The stock noe this was the bug bare as my mate coundnt decide on what to have which ment the clock was ticking as the barreled actions was complete before he had made his mind up

a Mc Milan was chosen and true to there word 20 weeks later (as quoted) it arrived Colin then went about having the rifle beded straight away which left me to load the first batch of fireforming rounds which I had already necked turned prior to the rifle being ready (save a bit of time as we all get excited when a new toy arrives)

All in all a very very speedy serice and the end result is superb,I will post photos of the groupings if I get out today with my mate

All the lot not inc scope came in around £2000,and took very little time

So if you are thinking of making the push towards your dream rifle give Col a call as i know he has custom actions on the shelf and will go out of his way to make the job run smooth and fast

That sure is a pretty rifle.If it shoots as good as it looks I`m sure the owner will be over the moon ;)

The UK has been crying out for a middle ground priced quality set up for years which settles in nicely between the £1000 factory sticks and the full custom £3-4000 jobs

Now if you break the price down I`m sure that you`ll see that Col can`t be making a fortune on these (sorry col but don`t give up the day job ;) )and most smiths would be charging quite a bit more (and a longer wait) so lets at least give credit where its due to col for trying to keep the price in a range most of us could justify ;)

And who else gives you a free trampoline with your rifle :P

hi

it is not my choice in colour for the stock, but it has made a very nice rifle,

and terry is over the moon with it,(i hope)

what you messing about at funky, get out and get terry on that trigger, and lets see if i have got to give him his cash back ;););)

ATB

Colin :D

Bloody typical

I`m sitting here now looking for an excuse to change one of my sticks :D:D

iv got a 270 wsm reamer on the shelf ;););)

we could have a play with that and your 270 wsm

food for thought.

in fact i should have a 270 barrel coming as well

Colin :(

iv got a 270 wsm reamer on the shelf ;);):D

we could have a play with that and your 270 wsm

food for thought.

in fact i should have a 270 barrel coming as well

Colin :(

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH you swine :D:(;):D:(

So what do you reckon ?

Keep the Sako action ?

Walther barrel -what twist to best stabilise a 120-140 bullet ? - but I want to keep a 22" threaded barrel

McMillan stock

Or just get rid and go for the complete jobby

Decisions decisions ;);)

Archived