12-50 Schmidt & Bender Now Here

Laurie

The nice marketing lady at York Guns has just told me that the long-promised high-power S&B tactical / target scope has just arrived - the 12-50X56 PMII.

YGL has it in both P4 (S&B's version of the Mil-Dot) 1st focal plane, and Sport-reticle (a two-dot and three line system very similar to the Nightforce NP200) 2nd focal plane versions. (1st FP sees the reticle change thickness in line with the magnification setting; 2nd FP sees the reticle remain unchanged irrespective of scope setting.)

Both versions have quarter-MOA adjustments, not metric.

Laurie

PS see the Products Review section in the General section of the Forum to find out where you can get a full review of the 2nd FP Sport-reticle model, done on our very own Diggle Ranges.

Better hurry, they had 10 delivered yesterday and today there are only 5 left and they expect those to be gone by the weekend.

Cost is £1760 which when you consider the 12-42 NF is now £1600 it's not a bad price.

Are they illuminated?

Scotch Egg,

No - not needed on a target scope which is what they're designed as. Also, that's why they're £350 or £400 cheaper than the 5-25X56 PMII which does have an illuminated ret.

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Will you have it with you at the next 600 shoot????

Darrel.

I'll try to remember to bring it with me for anybody interested to have a look-see.

Laurie

PS You know the date has changed to Sunday 15th November to avoid a clash with the F-Class Europeans at Bisley? (I'll put this on the Target Shooting section too.)

Laurie,you may be interested in this info?Having used up quite a bit of MOA on mine to zero my 308{not yet using a 20 MOA rail}I have decided to make good use of the reticule {2nd Focal/sport}and set on 25 mag I tested the reticule on a MOA sheet I made up and put out at exactly 100yards.My findings were that the tip of the first vertical line was 2 MOA,the bottom of same line was 8.5 MOA,the second dot was 10.5 MOA and the tip of the second vertical line was 12.5MOA.I think these will be very useful especially the 2MOA for a quick 200 ish shot with the 308 and perhaps more importantly the 10.5 to save some dialling for further out.

Its a bit like my nightforce really as I make good use of the small dot in the same way but MOA,s are quite different in relation to the reticule in that scope.

Just a note for anyone that may wish to experiment with their own scope whatever make or design of reticule it is very important to get MOA lines drawn up correctly and 100 yard target board and chart set spot on or you are going to be way out.Remember your results will only work at a magnification of your choice and all shots would then have to be taken on that setting so I can see this system may not suit some.I may even check the above info on an enlarged chart at 200 when I get the chance.

onehole Posted Today, 07:52 PM

I tested the reticule on a MOA sheet I made up and put out at exactly 100yards.My findings were that the tip of the first vertical line was 2 MOA,the bottom of same line was 8.5 MOA,the second dot was 10.5 MOA and the tip of the second vertical line was 12.5MOA.I think these will be very useful especially the 2MOA for a quick 200 ish shot with the 308 and perhaps more importantly the 10.5 to save some dialling for further out.

Yes,

that is very interesting - and useful. It's a good system, the twin dots. I like it, (have it on two other scopes, an old Optima the predecessor of the Nightforce NF, and an 8-32X56 Nightforce NF BR), but I know not everybody does

Thanks,

Laurie

Archived