After-Market Stocks for Sako A2?

Who is making stocks for older Sako's?

I want one to complete my 20-250 project rifle, which is on an AII action.

I know Richards make laminates for them, but have heard of delays and incorrect orders from them.

I don't want a McLong Wait, and would prefer a thumhole laminate to synthetic anyway.

Any ideas?

I would try pete jackson, he has a fair stock of mcmillans, and usually has a few un-inletted. It would be worth geting it inletted, as opposed to a wait. There is bugger all else available for sako,s unfortunatly.Maybe have a look on boyd,s?

I checked the Boyds site a few days ago and all the Sako inlets had disappeared from the site. They haven't inlet for the A series anyway, as far as I know.

I really don't want a McMillan. I think they're damned expensive and I don't like them anyway. Looks like Richards will be the only option.

Most smiths would take the job buddy, and to make the job a whole lot easier, have it pillar and devcon bedded at the same time, this would save possibly a lot of time, cutting fancy inlets, that would only be filled with bedding. Much easier to cut out a block, get the action sat properly on the pillars, and then fill with devcon. This is basically what a standard bedding job is anyway, you would just be approaching it from another direction. Why not have a go yourself? its not difficult, its even easier if you have access to a router or miller.

If you are going to go this route, boyds would supply a stock a damn sight faster than richards, who seem to have completely lost it these days , which is a shame, because the have some lovely stocks.

Gary Cane is excellent too, but sit down when enquiring, i asked for a price on one of his lovely blue laminates, and it was £1200. ;)

Nutty, I hadn't thought of them, I'll check what B&C do.

Devcon bedding is something I do myself, but I'd like the stock inlet rather than just hacking a big hole out to fill it again. I've heard of Gary Cane inletting. Must be worth a phone call- anyone got contact details for him, please?

Nutty, I hadn't thought of them, I'll check what B&C do.

Devcon bedding is something I do myself, but I'd like the stock inlet rather than just hacking a big hole out to fill it again. I've heard of Gary Cane inletting. Must be worth a phone call- anyone got contact details for him, please?

Hi

I don't know the Sako model you are looking to restock, but this link might be of interest ?

http://www.wildcatcomposites.com/

ATB

T260

Here ya go buddy, this is Gary,s e mail addy.

info@tech-wood.biz

Tell you who would also do it for you, that lad in the north east [who,s name escapes me] but psne on here has one of his stocks, and they are lovely, but i would think he would do whatever you wanted. I know he mainly does air rifle stocks [ft] but he also works on firearms, as northern monkey on here, has a stock of his on a ruger 77 rimfire, and he would be a lot cheaper.

Archived