run in and first kill

had myself half a day at work today to get my 223 ackley barrel run in ,fireform and zero,now all this is new to me ,going down the semi custom route i guess its down to 6 ppc's advice cheers martyn,anyhow i chamberd the first round and with great aprrehension i squezed off the trigger for the first time,removed the fireformed round and saw what looked to me like a perfect 223 ackley round formeddscf0060editedmq1.jpgthen proceded to clean the barrel ,shoot another round and clean again i done this for the first five rounds,shoot one clean barrel,then i shot 8 rounds and again cleaned barrel i done this 5 times,then shot the last five rounds then cleaned again ,all the time zeroing my sightsdscf0063editedno7.jpg this was the resulting targets i had others but these were the best two the bottom target should have had 5 shots in it but i pulled one,if i am correct i should be able to get beter results once i start load developing as these are fireform loads http://http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...49editedtt0.jpg[/img]dscf0049editednu9.jpg,the run in period and zeroing took almost 4 hours and i was glad when it was done ,went home had some scran and got an itch to get out on some live targets so off back out i went resulting in one crow only 107 yds but the first killdscf0052editedbr6.jpgso early finish tomorrow load up some more rounds and off to scotland i go for some rabbit shooting

Hi buddy that rifle is sure looking mighty fine :lol::o I know the first initial outlay hurts a bit but when you start seeing how semi / full customs shoot the premium price floats away!!!!!

Go out and fill yer boots buddy :P:o

All the very best..............

RAY........................... :D:P

Cheers guys it did take a while to save and pay for it,i did fancy a change of rifle but didnt realy give the custom route a thought untill 6ppc's advice,but now the fun starts i have just got to get a load sorted and the bullet drop sussed then hopefuly get some half desent range shots in and get the confidence to take those longer shot's Now i am back in action i will be going out with the lamp for fox's this weekend for the first time in a while ,lets hope i have as good a night as som of you lads have had lately

Archived