Premier Reticules Scopes

Ronin

Does anyone have an opinion or knowledge of the optical quality of these scopes (particually interested in the 5-25)....

http://accurateshooter.com/bulletin.html

They seem to tick the right boxes and there is a deal of interest in the US.

Looked through a couple of the smaller premiers. Think they are developed by a few S&B fellas.

They feel very sturdy and I liked that one can zero the turrets without a tool, just use the rim

of a cartridge.

I heard some turrets click easier than others. Friction isn't consistent.

Glas is great. Although I didn't try em at dusk.

edi

Does anyone have an opinion or knowledge of the optical quality of these scopes (particually interested in the 5-25

They seem to tick the right boxes and there is a deal of interest in the US.

I'll be stunned if there isn't a full trial report available from the ds1 testing and evaluation department :)

Andy, do a search on the Hide........but from what I`ve read ejg223 is spot on.

No hands on so take this for what it is worth (summary of tinternet gossip). Optronika Germany (formerly several S&B engineers) designed the scope. PR are 'producing" it. Optical quality said to be up with the best........possibly not Hensoldt good but good. Parallax - down to 50 yards, no hash markings, 107 moa of up on the double turn models, illumination intergrated with the parallax (ala Zeiss). Big claim to fame is the no tool adjustable turrets with more possitive clicks every mil.

Some reports of mushy clicks and tracking issues, lack of parallax markings and only available with Gen2 XR reticule.

Of some concern may be longevity of the company - parted with Leupold and then S&B. It seems like PR has bet the house on the 3-15x56 getting military contracts or supplying the PR scope instead of ccontracted S&B scopes to complete current military contracts (Priemier hold the contacts).

In short - does not seem compelling to change from S&B 5-25x56 PMII if living in Europe.

David.

Thanks David

ive read about the niggles and obvious comparisons on "The hide" and wondered if these were a viable alternative to the PM11 as I hope to have a new arrival shortly, so have been looking at possible scope options for it.

I like a lot of the features on this scopes , but the few I donot LIKE as much .

They have a CCW turn knobs ( counter clockwise ) , this is the WRONG way for numbers to increase , ie reading left to right , I would prefer they where CW , like most PMII knobs .

The reticles are limited at the moment , to Gen II & Gen II XR for the 3-15x50mm , & the Gen II XR only in the 5-25x56mm model .

Problems with the Gen II or Gen II XR is the dots seem smaller than the hash marks , bear in mind that the mildots denote 1 mil spacing and the hasmarks 1/2 mil , so the smaller marks actuall represent LARGER numbers , that can be a bit confusing .

I would have no quams RE the company folding any time soon , they have been around for a long time ( reticles etc ) , but short time as a actuall scope builder ( BUT really , give them some credit , they actually grab 2 dudes that designed the PMII range for S&B , and told them to design a equal or better scope ) .

They have had the odd teething issue , DS1 is right they are betting the company on this scope gonig well .

It was designed to be a viable replacement for there contact with the USMC , one of the reasons for the CCW is the Old Unertl 10x steel sniper scopes have a CCW turn knob , as did the S&B 3-12x50 MTC scope used after the Unertl/USO MST-100 .

I would like to see a P4F type reticle ( numbered ) , and a CW turn knob , and thats ALL .

At the current prices in the US , they are a very good FFP option ( the only other real competitor is the S&B PMII line , sorry NXS F1 has too small adjustment per turn 5.0 mils ) .

I am looking at getting both a 15x & 25x with the XR reticle

I like the idea of the camlock turrets , and yes the glass is meant to be qual to S&B .

Looking at dropping the 3-15x model onto my AW soon, I am hoping that I am gonig to like IT .

Later Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Ronin, if you want to have a look at one and want me to send you one to look at, let me know.

I like the turrets, especialy with the more tactical clicks. I like the optics, the general appearance of the scope and the quality,. and i like the fact that the reticle illumination is in one turret with the paralax.

I dont like the fact that the paralax isn't numbered and the fact that the first 5-25's have butler creeck objective covers and premier ocular covers. and the fact that the damn things turned up 3 months late,

Pete

Pete

thanks for the offer, you can guess what its for.

Have an eye of this, the IOR "something to 24 power", or another PM11 :)

However, ive just shot my last F Class comp this year, so my Barnard will be given a stripdown, re-work the stock a little :lol: , clean and mothball for next season, so, I have an 8-32 NF going wanting for a stick to attach to (which is the final option)

Will have a think.. :);)

Ronin , go to sniperscentral , optics , there is a comparsion between the Premier & S&B , both 5-25x56mm scopes , the guy reveiwing them , says the image picture thru the scope is slightly better in the Premier , in his eyes .

Later Chris

P.S. There is a NEW MK4 out , which is FFP , and has Mrad knobs , 10.0 Mils per turn , due early next yr

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys ,

It seems that the Premiers both models , are now available with CW direction knobs , also as well as the Double Turn 27 Mil , there seems to be , two single turn knobs , 15 & 22 mil , those are some good options , and with those you can also spec IT with or with out the MTC heavy clicks every full mil , ie 1.0 , 2.0 , 3.0 etc .

These MTC clicks , are determental to feeling the 0.1 click either side , making it alsmost impossible to to get 3.1 etc , so ON the single turn knobs maybe better to spec the scope with out the MTC , and also save you $100 USD as well .

Now and they NEED to do is make a reticle like an improved P4F ( ie just like IT but maybe number the full mils on windage and bottom verticle , to make Life easier ), and they would be very hard to beat .

Later Chris

Hi Guys ,

Just got my Premier 3-15x50mm scope , it has the Gen II XR reticle , and CCW double turn turrets .

Will mount it tomorrow , and shoot it in the next few days .

So far , I really like IT .

Pics of it , are over at ( www.fishnhunt.co.nz , forums , firearms , longrange )

later Chris

Just a few pics , the other scope as a size gauge , is a MK4 M3 w/sunsheild attached .

The 2nd turn indicator starts coming out at approx 13.6 , and is just visible at 14.0 , almost full out at 15-0 , and fully Out at 16-0 Mils .

Illum is a 0-11 , pull out jobbie , with off posn also between the setiings .

Windage is 6.0 Mils , L or R .

MTC ( More Tactile Clicks ) , is a heavy clunk in feel & sound every full Mil , ie 1.0 , 2.0 , 3.0 etc ,with normal smaller clicks every 0.1 Mils , I found it quite a nice feature , donot know If I would have it on a knob that had MORE athn 15.0 Mils per turn though , due to the tighter spacing required ( ie the 22.0 Mil single turn knob ) .

This scope is CCW Double turn 27.0 Mils ( 15.0 per rev ) , with the Gen II XR reticle .

DSC04952.jpg

DSC04953.jpg

DSC04929.jpg

DSC04930.jpg

DSC04944.jpg

DSC04947.jpg

Archived