26mm optilocks

blackjack

dont think they do mate, i had a mate tried to get some to put a pecar on but in the end he ditched the scope and bought another

i have some 25m rings if that is any good

Under no circumstances use 1" rings unless they have been bored out to fit. Over the years, I've seen several scopes ruined by so called "gunsmiths" pulling that stunt. Get the proper 26mm. You may have to search around and they may be special order. If I remember rightly, some American manufacturer makes rings with inserts but the name escapes me at the moment.

My advice would be to get a set of 1"(25.4 mm) rings, take them to a very good machinist and get him to bore them out to 26mm. However, I should think that any of the top class gunsmiths who post on this site (Baldie,Dasherman, etc) would do this for you.

Peter

Blackjack

According to Sako the Sako/Tikka optilocks are designed to fit either 1" or 26mm tube scopes and they don't crimp the tube because its only the plastic ring insert that grips the scope.

Use the link below and check the info yourself to put your mind at ease before trying it.

http://www.sako.fi/pdf/specs/Optilockring.pdf

Rgds

Blackjack

According to Sako the Sako/Tikka optilocks are designed to fit either 1" or 26mm tube scopes and they don't crimp the tube because its only the plastic ring insert that grips the scope.

Use the link below and check the info yourself to put your mind at ease before trying it.

http://www.sako.fi/pdf/specs/Optilockring.pdf

Rgds

cheers mate i just could not get my head round it, thought the chart was refering to two different sized rings.

Archived