Border Barrels

Anyone aware of any problems at Border?

My RFD ordered an Archer barrel from them for one of my rifles over 3 months ago and was quoted 8 to 10 weeks for completion.

They told him the barrel was ready over a month ago and he sent the rifle to Border for the replacement Archer barrel to be fitted.

They've now had it for over a month and have not replied to an E mail the RFD sent them requesting an update last saturday. I'm getting a little nervous now.

Ring them up direct buddy. There will have been a breakdown in communication somewhere, as [from personal experience] borders service is second to none, and trust me, you have nothing to worry about....they are stand up guys.Border are pulled out with work [because they are so bloody good] and i know, Les and Dennis, are working their broccoli off, just trying to keep up with custom barrel jobs, never mind the military stuff etc.

I've had no problems I had my .22-250 AI back bang on the 9 weeks they quoted.

As Col said JR is a top bloke.

Jenny who usually answers the phone is very helpful. I know the proof house has been running a bit slow.

Hope you get sorted, I'm well pleased with the Archer barrel on my .22-250AI. It's just got me in the 500 yd club last night.

Cheers

Dave

They can't blame the proof house- my RFD is taking it there on its return, Border are supposed to be returning it to him un-proved.

When I rang I was told it was "just going into the workshop". Surely there can't have been more than a few hours work on it required at that time? I'll contact them again, but I'm less than impressed.

I hope you will be impressed by the barrel - I was with mine (just sold the stick). I had a looong wait, something over 6 months I think, when there were steel problems from the supplier. But the wait was worth it. The cut riffled 5R tube I had off them was excellent.

David.

They can't blame the proof house- my RFD is taking it there on its return, Border are supposed to be returning it to him un-proved.

When I rang I was told it was "just going into the workshop". Surely there can't have been more than a few hours work on it required at that time? I'll contact them again, but I'm less than impressed.

Send me a pm or email with the details and I'll check into it for ya.

Cheers

JR

Archived