Scope advice

ratcherman

I was just wondering what you lads would suggest for a scope upgrade for a tikka t3 .243 ive put a s&b 8x56 on which is a good scope but i think better suited to stalking and shorter range shots because of the lower mag on it.I am looking for a scope in the £500 to £600 bracket with plenty of mag preferably new if poss it would be mainly used for lamping foxes and the odd deer in daylight i have been looking at the bushnell elite 6500 which seems to get good write ups for quality of build and good glass etc ,it would be nice to hear from anyone that has one on there views on the bushnell many thanks Gary ;)

I had the bushnell 3200 and have looked through a bunch of 4200s. The 65's are the same glass as the 4200, except for the multiplier. Very clear scopes, loved my 5-15 and would have another in a heartbeat. That said, I probably wouldn't buy the 6500's because the only real difference over the 42's is the extended mag range. The 6.5-30 looks like a maybe, but the 2.5-16 forget it. I'd just get the 4-16 4200 and save the dough. For that matter, I'd probably just get the 6-24 or 8-32 4200 (depending on the high end you want) and again save the dough.

thanks

rick

Not sure about current prices but I would have thought that sort of money would have got you a Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x50, pretty much an ideal scope for what you have described in my opinion. I have these on two rifles, one of which is my estate rifle which is in almost daily usage, never lets me down. JC

I was just wondering what you lads would suggest for a scope upgrade for a tikka t3 .243 ive put a s&b 8x56 on which is a good scope but i think better suited to stalking and shorter range shots because of the lower mag on it.I am looking for a scope in the £500 to £600 bracket with plenty of mag preferably new if poss it would be mainly used for lamping foxes and the odd deer in daylight i have been looking at the bushnell elite 6500 which seems to get good write ups for quality of build and good glass etc ,it would be nice to hear from anyone that has one on there views on the bushnell many thanks Gary ;)

Hi mate, I had a Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 Tactical jobbie - a very good scope , but it suffers from quite a small field of veiw.

This is not normally a problem - just though i'd mention it.

For that money I would prefer a mint second hand 6.5 - 20 x 50 Zeiss Conquest -a belting scope - I am sorry that I sold mine.

Well I bought a Zeiss victory , so not that sorry :wub:

Alan

Archived