optilocs

huntsman

I have a mcmillan stocked sako 75 varmint stainless, with t8, bipod, opti-loc's rings and bases and a nightforce I would love to knock a bit of weight of this rig.

I am going to start with the nightforce (for a while) . Anyone have an alternative suggestion to the optilocs they work very well but they are so heavy.

dave

never mind the rings mate, they're the best on the market in my opinion, i would start with that big lump of a T8 hangin off the front! Apart from that as being a varminter i persume its a heavy barrel, thats were most of the weight lies, and theres not much that can really be done to lighten it

Dave, I've just about sold all my optilocks.

Going for an aluminium rail and Recknagel mounts.

Overall it will be a bit lighter and much more flexible, meaning I'll leave

the mounts on the scopes when changing from rifle to rifle and I'll only have one kind

of mounts for remmy, howa or sako.

Recknagel mounts are much tighter tolerances than optilocks which can be all over the place.

edi

i was goin to bring up a question about opptilocks also,

i have aptilocks ring and bases on my t3.

now i have just got a remington 700 also and i was hoping to get opticlock bases for this also, is there a base that can be got to fit these to a remington? i find them a great setp on the t3 and would like to have the same on my remi..

cheers guys

Archived