Duracoat Review

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got sick of the old dull black and decided to go for something different on the foxing rifle :D

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

Now I know that its not everyones cup of tea :rolleyes: but the finish is top notch as ever

Thanks Kal :rolleyes:

And yes I know the grass wants cutting but the Mrs has had a busy week :rolleyes:

Got sick of the old dull black and decided to go for something different on the foxing rifle B)

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

Now I know that its not everyones cup of tea :rolleyes: but the finish is top notch as ever

Thanks Kal B)

And yes I know the grass wants cutting but the Mrs has had a busy week :rolleyes:

now we all know she does not read this, other wise i think you would not have made that comment. :rolleyes::D

last time i rang you i remember hearing you say,

i wear the trousers in this relationship,and if you don't shut it you will do your own ironing :o:P

so go pull the other one Tim,

ATB

Colin :D

now we all know she does not read this, other wise i think you would not have made that comment. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

last time i rang you i remember hearing you say,

i wear the trousers in this relationship,and if you don't shut it you will do your own ironing :rolleyes::D

so go pull the other one Tim,

ATB

Colin :D

Have you sharpened those knives yet Col ? :o:PB)

WSM

See you got a McMillan in the end :) Did you bed it or just drop the action in?

I picked it up as new in the standard matt black.It looks like one of the older stocks because the quality is A1 compared to some of the newer ones coming through now <_<

It wasn`t the best fit in the world so I played safe and bedded the action straight after I got it back from Kal just to be on the safe side :)

Tonights the first night out with the new configuration

Thats the mutts nutts WSM.......ooooooh.

I really wish you hadn,t put them pics up, its gonna cost me money, i bloody know it.

Baldie

I`m sure that Kal can sort you a pattern out :)

Quietly I`m told that he likes doing Flecktarn patterns the most <_<

Bugger, damnation and bxllxxks

WSM youv'e just cost me more cash ;) - Kal, you have a Manners to do and the AW........ ;);):lol:

The Flecktarn looks fantastic

Bugger, damnation and bxllxxks

WSM youv'e just cost me more cash ;) - Kal, you have a Manners to do and the AW........ ;);):lol:

The Flecktarn looks fantastic

All aboard the skylark!

Flectktarn, more like frettarn, theres got to be a better way to make money! :D

I can just see that AW getting the good news, ive got OD Green, Tungstan and Graphite Black in Cerakote just waiting for it! Come to papa. :D

Kal

• 4 weeks later...
Kaleiderscope,

I got to see your work on Rob Hunters rifle at the sniper comp. Very, very nice. If you are ever over this way you will need to bring your spray can.

David.

Thanks David, Robs turned out very nice. I may well be part of the away detail to come and visit soon with the Last Samurai! (Ronin)

You send me your stuff any time, them pistolies could do with some TLC me tinks. :lol:

Kal

Guest 308Panther
You send me your stuff any time, them pistolies could do with some TLC me tinks. :lol:

Kal

Hi Kal

Tempting...Very tempting.

But the best part of a Black Pistol is its hard for them to see.

And with Tritium inserts in the sights,its easy for me to see. :lol:

Just connect the dots...

Stealth.jpg

308Panther

Hi Kal

Tempting...Very tempting.

But the best part of a Black Pistol is its hard for them to see.

And with Tritium inserts in the sights,its easy for me to see. :lol:

Just connect the dots...

Stealth.jpg

308Panther

That frame and slide needs some protection, send it over, go on you know you want too!!! :lol: Hey I could of taken it in with me the other week, done a quick job for you, met for a beer after and done the exchange. Bugger, next time then. :D

We had the old 1911s again and they looked tired! :(

Kal

Guest 308Panther
We had the old 1911s again and they looked tired! :lol:

Kal

Some of them really are too...

Mine aint too bad,just did a trigger job,trigger shoe and sear...it didnt really need it

Just couldnt stand the "Lawyer" trigger and lock that all Springfield 1911's come with.

Might have 4,000 rds thru it since I bought it 3 yrs ago new.

I like the Parkerized Black...It matches my leathers, :lol:

308Panther

I have just received my bits and pieces back from James, so I thought I would share some photo's with you all.

The quality of Jame's work is second to none, he takes pride in what he does and the end product proves that point perfectly. The quality of his work is also matched by his customer service, something that is very important to me, emails were answered as were phone calls. James let me know when the goods were being sent and even called me to make sure everything was OK when it arrived, that's the kind of service that I like.

The AI side panels had a bit of wear on them due to sitting in my Land rover, James managed to get them back to new with the help of Durafill, again he did a superb job.

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006-1.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0011-1.jpg

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Well James you've done my old wildfowling gun proud :rolleyes:

I had a tatty old Berretta 301 auto which I have used on the foreshore for 20 years, by now it was looking exceedingly sad. I bumped into James at the Midland Game Fair, where I thought that Duracoat could be just the ticket to breathe new life into an old friend.

Before I post some pictures of the masterpiece, I would like to thank James for a superb service. He is exceedingly skilled in what he can do with Duracoat and from the quality of his work an obvious perfectionist. Also he runs a courteous service and kept me well informed throughout the process by phone and pm's.

Well as they say a picture says what a 1000 words may not so judge for yourselves.

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0341.jpg

DSCF0337.jpg

Its a real shame I didn't take pictures before James started.

Thanks again James and may I say I can't reccomend Jame's services enough.

Now off to find some ducks to test it on :lol:

Cheers

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived