Leupold Repairs

JC275

Hi, has anyone had any dealings with Leupold direct rather than going through GMK? I have a 6.5-20x50 that has a problem with the paralax and a 4.5-14x50 that could do with the reticle changing or a target elevation turret fitting. I have emailed Leupold via their website but no response. JC

Ring them, any afternoon, its not that expensive and you should get an immediate answer. Be interested in the answer as I have a 4x14x40 VXIII that I keep as a spare that could benifit from similar ret and turret work.

Alternatly ring GMK but I am told they are not the easiest firm to deal with, got to big I am afraid.

A

Ring them, any afternoon, its not that expensive and you should get an immediate answer. Be interested in the answer as I have a 4x14x40 VXIII that I keep as a spare that could benifit from similar ret and turret work.

Alternatly ring GMK but I am told they are not the easiest firm to deal with, got to big I am afraid.

A

I have that experience of GMK, I will ring the states tomorrow and let you know, if it looks like a possibility to send them direct them I will talk to you about sending yours too in the same parcel. JC

You could try Harald Ros in Germany.

He fixed a Leupold for me before (for free) and is the repair outfit for Docter Optik.

They also are or used to be the official Leupold repair agents in Germany.

Geräte-Service & Montage

Harald Ros

Coburger Straße 71

98673 Eisfeld

Germany

FAX +49 (0) 3686 / 61 59 29

edi

i am keen to see hoe you get on eith problem as its always good to know for the future like

I got this email back from Leupold today, I'm still going to ring them this afternoon to confirm a couple of things and make sure that they know that i am in the UK not US:

Please send them both in.

If you would like the VH reticle installed in the 4.5X14 the cost is

$109.99 including the return shipping and handling. We accept a money order, personal check or credit card number.

It sounds like the issue with the 6.5X20 would most likely be covered under the warranty for you.

It will take about 2 weeks to do the work.

When shipping product for warranty or service, please include a note of instruction, return address, phone number and e-mail address. Please record the model and serial number of your product for your own records.

Ship the optic only. Remove any mounts, rings, sunshades or lens covers. It is recommended that you purchase insurance and retain a tracking number to document the arrival of your product.

For shipment by UPS:

Leupold Product Services

14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway

Beaverton, OR 97006

For shipment by mail:

Leupold Product Services

PO Box 688

Beaverton, OR 97075

Sharon Stephen

If need be you can return stuff to Leupold through Riflecraft

I have a couple of mates who work for Leupold in Oregon, one in the custom shop and one in sales. The company is very easy to deal with.

MArk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
is a reticule change available for the v111, if so what reticule would you recommend for use on a 17hmr, would target turrets be a wise move or just more things to go wrong.cheers tim.

Hi Guys I have sent two scopes back to Luepold . One to be serviced and one for repair and all it cost me was the post and insurance. the turn around was about 3 weeks in one instance and 4days in the other I must admit I was in the US at the time of the 4 day one. The service was very good and no problems since. Eric

Archived