I set my self a challange to get this lad on film,

he has been holding this piece of ground which is very hard to get into,

you can only get a chance when the wind is right,

last night i thought it worth a try for him,

two hours later and i was in position,

it was just a waiting game,

th_20090511194713.jpg

Guest martin

And there was me thinking it was a wildlife film and it would wander off,the shot was a bit of a shock,but,good going Cooperman............Martin.

p.s. would like to see a pic of him.

Cracking bit of footage :D , as Martin said ,I thougt he was going to wonder off into the cover :o ,

Looked like tall antlers on him?

Any pics.?

cheers Andy

Nice beast and excellent footage.

Well done, was that a two man event or just on your own.

yep i didnt expect a shot either, must admit i had the sound up loud as i was listening to acdc through headphones and i must have jumped a foot at the sound of the shot, well done

It was a solo trip, it is a bit@h of a place to get into, to get the wind right, it took two hours to get into position,

i could have done with some help, it ended up being a two trip removal,

once for the rifle/camera/tripod, etc then back for the buck.

It was 10.30 before i was back at the motor with all the kit.

I will post a photo of the head tomorrow.

I think it will make bronze ?.

john

Hi great bit of footage there as for your head you are better not to cut at all if you think its a medal as you loose more weight than they would have deduct on a full skull but well done nice head.

Fantastic footage! I too was surprised by the shot :lol: I know that film can be deceptive and we were not seeing the same angle that you took the shot from, was there a safe backstop?

Atb, ft

"It looks like a forest path where anyone could appear from!! There is no back stop and would be considered a dangerous shot. "

You obviously have no idea about what you are talking about, the land where the shot was taken from, what is behind the trees, etc

""It looks like a forest path where anyone could appear from!!"

It is not a forest path, the track was made to allow access to re-planting/felling about 20years ago,

There is no public access to the land, it is privatly owned, it is gated and padlocked and sign posted.

"There is no back stop and would be considered a dangerous shot. "

How do you know what the backstop is ?? if you think it is a dangerous shot then please tell us what is behind the deer !!

I know what is behind it, i know how many acres of mature trees are behind it, the topography of the land, i know it is safe, thats why i took the shot.

john.

I know what is behind it, i know how many acres of mature trees are behind it, the topography of the land, i know it is safe, thats why i took the shot.

john.

John, Thank you :lol: I knew there would be a reasonable explanation. The veiw from the camera angle does not let us know what there is behind. You know the ground, we don't.

Perhaps one or two people here should remember the old proverb, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

No matter whatever anyone else says, i say well done. Getting the shot would have been enough for me, but to film it yourself too.................... Wow!

Atvb, ft

Thanks ft, a polite question like yours, was all that was required,

i should also include that this estate covers 1,250 acres.

john

wasent havin a go mate :lol:

just looks suss from someone who wasnet theres point of view i guess

cheers Andy

Archived