LEUPOLD TURRETS

Guest Sprags

Guest Sprags

I have a Leupold VXIII 6.5-20X50 with these turrets..... target I think they are :lol:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...v%3D2%26hl%3Den

A friend has a VXIII with the smaller turrets, not 'target' turrets. My question is this.....

Can my friend convert his scope to have the same turrets as mine? If so, what sort of cost is involved?

Thanks

Sprags

I have a Leupold VXIII 6.5-20X50 with these turrets..... target I think they are :lol:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...v%3D2%26hl%3Den

A friend has a VXIII with the smaller turrets, not 'target' turrets. My question is this.....

Can my friend convert his scope to have the same turrets as mine? If so, what sort of cost is involved?

Thanks

Sprags

Hi mate,

Leupold Custom Shop would do this but I would imaging the cost combined to shipping to the US in both directions would be prohibitive.

I actually have a couple of sets of target turrets I purchased on ebay a while back on a whim....

I only have the outer rotating portion and not the central "nut" and have not had chance to look at a scope fitted with target turrets to see how the conversion would work.

If you pull the turret on yours and it looks as though it could be made to work you are welcome to a set. I'll try and get a look at a target turret equipped scope too.

cheers

Tony

where can ii get a set of target turrets for a leupold pleaze

jj

Guest Sprags
Hi mate,

Leupold Custom Shop would do this but I would imaging the cost combined to shipping to the US in both directions would be prohibitive.

I actually have a couple of sets of target turrets I purchased on ebay a while back on a whim....

I only have the outer rotating portion and not the central "nut" and have not had chance to look at a scope fitted with target turrets to see how the conversion would work.

If you pull the turret on yours and it looks as though it could be made to work you are welcome to a set. I'll try and get a look at a target turret equipped scope too.

cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

I appreciate the offer of a set mate :lol: but my mates are very low to the tube if that makes any sense and I think he would need the outer part and the 'inner' part to convert it I reckon, unless I have got it all arse backwards (it's been said in the past...lol).

Cheers for the replies fella's.

Regards,Sprags

Hi mate,

cheers

Tony

tony you have a pm

I'd presumed there is a centre section Sprags but not having seen a target turreted scope with the rotating portion removed alongside a standard scope I can't picture how it would be replaced/extended. I think Chris has one on his rimmy, I'll take a look next time i'm over.

Spud, I only paid something like a fiver a set for them and you are welcome to a set but we'll have to work out how to extend the internal for them to be of any use to you.

Stoney Point etc may be the way to go.....

TC

Guest Sprags
I'd presumed there is a centre section Sprags but not having seen a target turreted scope with the rotating portion removed alongside a standard scope I can't picture how it would be replaced/extended. I think Chris has one on his rimmy, I'll take a look next time i'm over.

TC

Cheers Tony,

Next time I'm down we can take Chris's scope to bits mate and have a look how they fit! :lol:

kenton industries are good turrets,

not too expensive either,

the only problem is they custom the drop for one bullet, on the turrets i have seen, and i can say they are very accurate,

i've seen the drop done for the 6.5x55 with the 129 grain sst,

they do turrets for the leupold,

snap.

you only have to send them to the UK agent now :ph34r: and i believe this is GMK they will send your scope to Germany and they will custom fit your turrets.

give them a bell and get a price.

i did mine the hard way and sent it to the USA. but they are top notch. I had the M1 fitted :)

ATB

Colin :D

Guest varmartin

To retro fit ` target turrets` to a finger adjust Leupold scope there are a few major concerns...

1. The whole turret assembly has be removed from the scope body...loosing the ` dry nitrogen` charge inside the scope.

2. Special tools are required.....

3. Doing it your self will void the warranty.

If your `finger adjust` scope has flat plastic black caps under the covers...these can be removed and the `Stony piont ` one will work perfectly....did on mine !

Or as said above ...send it to the custom shop for the `M1` or ` target turrets` to be fitted...

O and if you do try to send your scope direct as far as i know they will tell you to contact there main importer. i found this out as i normally like to deal direct.

but everything i asked for was done and with no fuss.

ATB

Colin :ph34r:

I would invest in a set of stoney point turrets mate, far less hassle, ive got a set on my loopy and they work just fine,

Also with the stoney point's if for any ready the scope needs to be converted back to its original turrets is a simple operation!

Sounds like a factory job / Stoney Points to me.

Out of interest Col, how much did they cahrge to fit M1's ?

TC

Hi TC

it was ages ago and i can not remember, but at the time i thought it was worth it, makes the scope so much better and i would not sell it just yet till i find something better.

As for the stony point turrets, they do not fit all leupold scopes. i have all so got the leupold flip up covers and they are the dogs ---- they are silent when you flip them up.

ATB

Colin :D

Archived