FAO Baldie

cannyou advice me please my mate is after a 204 he likes the howa but the light barrel version,there is none about for sale with a stock he likes so he may just buy the barreled action and then my a wilddog stock,I have looked on SYSS web site but cannot see the different stles available

can you let me know what is in stock and the prics please,also can they supply the barreled action

cannyou advice me please my mate is after a 204 he likes the howa but the light barrel version,there is none about for sale with a stock he likes so he may just buy the barreled action and then my a wilddog stock,I have looked on SYSS web site but cannot see the different stles available

can you let me know what is in stock and the prics please,also can they supply the barreled action

I am also working on a lightweight rifle at present but have rejected 204 due to what i am advised is inferior brass currently available. The Cooper 38 is available in a range of light varmint calibers up to .221 Fireball and weighs 5.75lbs in classic format, for the bigger calibers such as 204 then the model 21 is used, it starts at 6 lbs in classic format. Doubt you will get much lighter than that without using a full custom. From Brian Fox's site a barrelled Howa .204 action and barrel is 5lbs, mind you it is half the cost of the Cooper.

I also read somewhere (here ?) that Brian Fox is no longer handling Howa and the new agent is not selling actions on their own. Might be wrong on that as there is nothing about that on Brians web site but dont think so.

A

hi

i don't think you can get a barreled action any more from howa,Pete

but hay i could be wrong,i normally am :lol:

ATB

Colin :lol:

Brain Fox has indeed lost the import to a firm in leicester I spoke to him today.Litts will sell a barreld action also spoke to them today

well there you go,

have you thought about wsm(avlon guns) they might have something on the shelf.

drop him a pm

ATB

Colin :lol:

Barreled Actions are available i get several every month. I do get the impression they would rather sell whole rifles mated to nikko sterling scopes though. they have a picatinny rail for the howa's now, but its a casting manufactured piece, which is why ive made my own, the howa's are a great rifle at a great price.

How come Brian packed them up, anyone know?

Pete

Archived