Scope advice

Guest Flung

Guest Flung

Morning all, I'm new at this and I'm sure the topic has been covered before; but I recently gained my FAC - bit of a saga and have bought a CZ 452 .22 RF carbine with a Simmons WTC 4-9 X 40mm. I was lucky enough to pick up a used Meopta 6 x 42mm from a really nice guy who stalks locally; so I've put that on a CZ 527 .22 Hornet that I intend to use for foxing.

Anyway, the Simmons gives a view that's nowhere near the elderly Meopta so I plan to change that and put the Simmons back on the AA S200 air rifle.

Question is; would it be better to look for a higher mag Meopta or ??? and put that on the Hornet; then put the older Meopta on the RF?

My friend has just got his FAC - and bought a CZ 452 .17HMR with a Nikko Sterling Diamond 1.5-6mm with a 30mm tube and this gives a pretty good scope view as well.

What are your thoughts guys - PS I'm a spec's wearer and find that with some scopes I need to remove my specs to get a clear(ish) view but with the Meopta I don't - ?????

Regards,

name='Flung' post='55047' date='Apr 24 2009, 10:12 AM']Morning all, I'm new at this and I'm sure the topic has been covered before; but I recently gained my FAC - bit of a saga and have bought a CZ 452 .22 RF carbine with a Simmons WTC 4-9 X 40mm. I was lucky enough to pick up a used Meopta 6 x 42mm from a really nice guy who stalks locally; so I've put that on a CZ 527 .22 Hornet that I intend to use for foxing.

Anyway, the Simmons gives a view that's nowhere near the elderly Meopta so I plan to change that and put the Simmons back on the AA S200 air rifle.

Question is; would it be better to look for a higher mag Meopta or ??? and put that on the Hornet; then put the older Meopta on the RF?

My friend has just got his FAC - and bought a CZ 452 .17HMR with a Nikko Sterling Diamond 1.5-6mm with a 30mm tube and this gives a pretty good scope view as well.

What are your thoughts guys - PS I'm a spec's wearer and find that with some scopes I need to remove my specs to get a clear(ish) view but with the Meopta I don't - ?????

Regards,

the only advise i can give you is put some targets out and have a go at them at night under the same conditions as you will be shooting under. things look so so different at night and under pore lighting conditions(type of lamp used)

as for glasses i wore them for about 4 years and they are a pain in the ass,

ATB

Colin :angry:

flung,

You might want to contact Silvie at Meopta to see if the scope has a warranty or can be repaired/recharged. Meopta's have a good reputation for clarity, so I'd image something happened to yours. You never know, they may cover the repair under a warranty...???

Silvie.Machalikova@meopta.com

Archived