I pod help!!!!

Hello Gents,

just playing about with the ballistics progaram on my i pod touch!! Does anybody know how to alter the hard data? or load your own information?

thanks???

What do you mean by "hard data" ?

Just a thought, you are using the projectiles tab and inputting your own homeload data rather than using the load tab which is preset for factory ammo ?

TC

What do you mean by "hard data" ?

Just a thought, you are using the projectiles tab and inputting your own homeload data rather than using the load tab which is preset for factory ammo ?

TC

Hi tc, just had another play with the ipod, for instance my ppc has a 2" drop at 200yds in the field, but my ipod tells me it has a 4" drop? do you know how i can alter the data so it reads a 2" drop??

Hi tc, just had another play with the ipod, for instance my ppc has a 2" drop at 200yds in the field, but my ipod tells me it has a 4" drop? do you know how i can alter the data so it reads a 2" drop??

That's quite a difference, I have found it to be spot on so far although a light bullet will be dropping off pretty sharply by that point at 6PPC velocities. Probably worth cross checking your velocity against another chrono if you are having to correct Ballistic and Exbal to that degree.

You can fiddle with the BC value to get the chart to match your field data - this is actually what I do with Exbal but that is a huge variance to "fiddle" out.

If you have Exbal try the two side by side with the same BC, temp, pressure etc, mine match exactly.

If you give me your load data i'll try it in both if I get a chance although I have not used my Exbal PDA in a couple of months so the bloody thing will no doubt have wiped itself.

TC

.. just had another play with the ipod, for instance my ppc has a 2" drop at 200yds in the field, but my ipod tells me it has a 4" drop? do you know how i can alter the data so it reads a 2" drop??

There is clearly a variable or two well out in what you've fed in. First thing I'd check is the barrel to scope height- I suggest measure it carefully as it makes quite a difference though I doubt 2" at that distance! Must be some other thing(s) as the ballistic engine in the software is valid

Chris-NZ

Hi,

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread but I'm interested in getting this app for my ipod but cant find out what the programs maximum range is. Can anybody let me know from there program?

Cheers,

Sean.

Hi,

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread but I'm interested in getting this app for my ipod but cant find out what the programs maximum range is. Can anybody let me know from there program?

Cheers,

Sean.

Max you can input is 3000 yds - what have you got in mind ? :lol:

TC

Max you can input is 3000 yds - what have you got in mind ? :lol:

TC

Thanks TC,

eventually i want to be going out to the 3km target at warcop so that should get me out there.

Thanks,

Sean.

Thanks TC,

eventually i want to be going out to the 3km target at warcop so that should get me out there.

Thanks,

Sean.

If you are shooting anything that will get you out to 3K a copy of Ballistic will cost you about the same as 2 rounds - go on, splash out and have a play !! :D

Let us know how you get on.

I'd recommend the Otterbox case btw, about £20 off eb@y.

TC

:D I downloaded it last night as well as the unforseen software upgrade.

Seams good so far, im not expecting it to be amazing after about 1500m/yd but as long as it get me close its cheaper than buying a pda and i can listen to music whilst shooting. :lol: .

Sean.

That's quite a difference, I have found it to be spot on so far although a light bullet will be dropping off pretty sharply by that point at 6PPC velocities. Probably worth cross checking your velocity against another chrono if you are having to correct Ballistic and Exbal to that degree.

You can fiddle with the BC value to get the chart to match your field data - this is actually what I do with Exbal but that is a huge variance to "fiddle" out.

If you have Exbal try the two side by side with the same BC, temp, pressure etc, mine match exactly.

If you give me your load data i'll try it in both if I get a chance although I have not used my Exbal PDA in a couple of months so the bloody thing will no doubt have wiped itself.

TC

Hi tc, thank you for the offer, i will be out with the gun on the week end and send you the load data, i think i will try and alter the bc first and see how i get on??

have fun

Archived