Vit N140

nell

hi nell,

dont use n140 myself as varget suits all my needs but just a word of warning nell , my mate eric on this site has been trying to work up a load for his 243 and it isnt happening yet and he hasnt got much more hair left to pull out but he has discovered that you need to use the vit load data that coresponds to the mananufacture date of the powder as some of the loads in one vit manual have the start load more than the max load thats listed in another manual as one load he thought was good turned out to be dangerous as it was nearly 2 grains under the start load for his powder batch and he might of risked having flash over.

graham.

Have tried Varget, H4895, H380 in my 22-250 and the best results were with Vit 140 with 52g Barts.

Cheers Ste ve

Hi Stevie, whats your load for the 52grainers??? i have some 52gr A MAX im going to give a spin.

Thanks for other replies guy's iv'e been very happy using VARGET in .22/250 with 50gr sp but wouldnt shoot 55gr VMAX.

Also very happy with VARGET in the 6br with 75gr VMAX and 80gr BERGERS,but always keen to give something else a try, so any N140 loads would be greatly recieved.

Was thinking of 155gr AMAX in the 308 also????

NELL

Hi Stevie, whats your load for the 52grainers??? i have some 52gr A MAX im going to give a spin.

NELL

Hi Nell

I will check later/tomorrow and let you know, I also shot the A Max's and to be honest there wasn't a great deal between the two :lol:

Another bullet i've had good results with in previous 22-250's was the 55gr V Max moly. Good luck with load developement.

Cheers Steve

Vit 140 in 308

44.5 grains behind 165 sierra 2140 good for me. My main load these days.

46 grains behind Nosler bt 150 's or sierra 2125's good for me.

36.5 in 243 behind 80 grain heads looking good for me but early days.

Whats the price you've been offered it at?

Vit 140 in 308

44.5 grains behind 165 sierra 2140 good for me. My main load these days.

46 grains behind Nosler bt 150 's or sierra 2125's good for me.

36.5 in 243 behind 80 grain heads looking good for me but early days.

Whats the price you've been offered it at?

£40 kg think i will give it a try....

Nell

Thats at least £20 below normal shop price.

Buy lots and lots and then when you don't like it sell it to me :D

Thanks for other replies guy's iv'e been very happy using VARGET in .22/250 with 50gr sp but wouldnt shoot 55gr VMAX.

Also very happy with VARGET in the 6br with 75gr VMAX and 80gr BERGERS,but always keen to give something else a try, so any N140 loads would be greatly recieved.

Was thinking of 155gr AMAX in the 308 also????

NELL

Hi Nell

Apologies for the delay, yesterday was a manic :o:o

With the N140 I tested from 35.5 gr to 38.8 gr working up in 0.3gr increments with Barts 52 grainers.

Sweet spot was around 37.0 gr to 37.6 gr, so I opted for 37.6 gr obviously giving the highest velocity at 3891 fps.

This showed no signs of excessive pressure in my rifle, but please use caution/care with yours ;)

Let us know how you get on

Cheers Steve

Archived