.204 VARIATION

bigdan

if possible id like to pick the brains of you venerable sages , im in the process of applying for a variation with sussex police for a ,204 calibre rifle. i already own a .22 brno, ,17 hmr. and a 6.5x55 swede.

the question is , do you think its likely that they will say no as ive already got vermin and fox calibres, or they will want me to drop one of the others? id be really grateful for some " ready to use" phrases if they go down either track, regards dan.

just say mate you need it for a night sight and the other centre fire for day use , make sure you apply for amoderater at the same time

hope this helps mark

22 rimmy or a HMR17 can not be uesd on fox here in staffordshire ..just check your ticket

just say mate you need it for a night sight and the other centre fire for day use , make sure you apply for amoderater at the same time

Thats the way I would go forward. Ive just put a variation in for a 6x47 today, The police dont know it yet but on the next renewall Ill be sticking another calibre on for larger game. If you need it you need it, I cant see why they would refuse you already own a larger calibre! Good luck

Guest martin
22 rimmy or a HMR17 can not be uesd on fox here in staffordshire ..just check your ticket

Same here in Avon & Somerset,but,I know some do,so as BG said check your cert,or speak to the FEO...........'M'

Dyfed-Powys allow 17hmr for fox.

As for the 204, just say you want it for long range rabbit and crow`s + fox.

GDAY foxwhistler, sussex police do allow hmr for fox, i wonder why the different police divs cant get it together to have an across the board policy? oh well thanks for the replies all , ill keep yuo posted , regards dan.

Do you have Deer on your FAC? I'd say a .204 is much smaller than a 6.5x55 but much bigger than the rimfires. Tell them you want a small fast bullet which will break up very easily to shoot things out of range of the rimfires, but the 6.5x55 needs to be loaded with a controlled expansion bullet for Deer?

The .204 isn't close to anything you already have. Unless you have a really twatty FEO I can't see them questioning it.

i have a 22 rimmy and a hmr17 and a .204 i told them 22 rimmy for rabbits hmr17 for long range rabbits ,and .204 for foxs ..im now thinking on getting a 22-250 for them windy nights :rolleyes:

Archived