Calculating Group sizes

thanks mate well spotted, now all i have to do is suss out how to do the blinking thing

Its pretty easy to use,

first scan the target and import into the software, then using the icons on the LHS of the screen select the target area.

Select calibre on RHS and then click LH icon for shot placement, this will give you a calibre specific hole on your target, drag and drop this onto a bullet hole and repeat untill all holes are covered.

Then click the aim icon and place on point of aim, this will then automatically calculate group size.

Sorry if this is abridged but I am typing this on my laptop and the programme is on my PC.

This is what you should get:

300SMK92gRL25SurgeonXL.jpg

You can save the image on your computer and upload as one would normally.

Hope that helps!

So whats your actually group size Andy, i have studied your pic and cant work out the figures in the box.

Take the 91grn load, it looks to me that the two furthest apart bullet holes are just touching each other, so using the old method of the edge to edge measurement minus one bullet diameter it looks like .338" C to C???

It does not say that anywhere, please explain.

Ian.

Hi Ian

I am not quite sure how the programme calculated group size, you just place a calibre sized circle over the holes and drop it on, then the computer generates the image and text seen.

I guess it is using hole spacing minus calibre, but, like you say that would be around .338, so I am unsure...

Maybe it is centre to centre calc minus calibre - just come off nights so incapable of logical thought!!

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys

re: on target software - if i can do it .... downloaded for free from here - http://www.ontargetshooting.com/ ...

I just used this software and it was easier than i thought

download and install the software, go and shoot your target, take a pic of your target with a tape measure.. try to keep it in focus ;P

(see the pic) - no need to use a scanner

just start a new project, import the graphic, set the ruler, tell the software your calibre and click the holes

simples

t1.jpg

cheers

Andrew

just noticed the lower group labelled at 100yd, where the others are 100m. my fault, they were all 100m - a typo probably :)

• 2 months later...

I've paid the $9.99 subscription and find it very helpful. I like the tip above to put the tape measure in the photo. Regards JCS

me too now - its not much and its a richeous thing to do to help the smaller guys that come up with good ideas

chairs

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Redfox, Just downloaded it! Will give it a try at some point... :)

I used it on my last computer, Paid for it on my new one but it doesn't seem to work with 64 bit windows. Which reminds me I still have to contact him about it

Have you tried running compatibility mode? right click on desktop shortcut select properties then compatibility.

Archived