SAKO TRIGGER ADJ'

t.t

i have a sako 75 6.5x55 im having probs with the trigger when i was out shooting the amount of pressure i had to apply was tremendous. ive adjusted some more, now the grub screw is right out and is still not as light as i would like it to be. its not self decocking on closure and ive slammed the bolt shut and bounced the rifle on its butt and still safe. but would still like it to be lighter.

any thoughts / or is it an after market jobbie if so wot and who dose them????

thanks in advance tom

hi t.t ata a recent shooting show, i spoke to a man from Jackson Rifles who had a pre-preduction demonstrater there on their stall. I tried it and was loverly, nice and crisp. From memory it was a C&G trigger which they hope to bring out soon. Sorry but apart from that i have no more info. I am after one of these as well if anybody has more information.

Guest varmartin

Sound like it could do with removing and flushing out....then fitting a nice light spring.....

Many have been adjusted on here and a lighter spring fitted...they are still 100% safe.

Sound like it could do with removing and flushing out....then fitting a nice light spring.....

Many have been adjusted on here and a lighter spring fitted...they are still 100% safe.

aint no gunsmith mate and the thought of springs flying every where just aint cricket.

but more info would be good and a how to guide would be excellent

thanks for the info so far.

tom

care to share your knowledge varmartin please as this may be a job i would like to try as well

Guest varmartin

OK...

Single stage trigger Sako 75...( Set trigger may be different, Method is the same )

tikkat3singlestagetriggwb0.jpg

As in the image.. Fig 9.

This is the screw (1) and spring that needs to be removed in order to adjust weight down past the lowest factory setting...

ONLY TO BE CARRIED OUT BY COMPETENT PERSONS AT THERE OWN RISK

1. Remove the Allen screw that secures the trigger group to the action ( to gain access to the weight spring )

2. Remove the screw ..1.. and pull out the little `top hat`plunger and spring ( take note of orientation )

3. Find suitable `light weight` spring and replace the heavy factory spring.

4. Adjust to desired weight.

5.Carry out bolt slam test on an empty chamber to test safe operation...

6. A small amount of Dry Moly grease can be added to sears to further improve trigger release.....

:lol::);) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you go to the Sako website you should get exploded views of the trigger mechanism.

I bought a sako (second hand) the other week and I had a problem with the weight of the trigger as well. I stripped it down and laid the bits on top of the exploded view of the printed off document. Cleaned each bit up as they were all cruddy, gave the mating faces of the sears a quick polish with a dremmel polishing bit and put back together.

Reduced the trigger weight by a substantial amount. This took about 60 minutes.

Yeah all good stuff well done Varmartin good explanation.Would only add that those seeking a lighter pull by using the factory spring and unscrewing it to get a light pull would be going about it the wrong way as the factory spring is a very strong spring and will loose its elasticity at the extreme adjustment thats if you can get it that far without turning the long grub screw out into the main trigger group mounting screw.

You must obtain at least an equal length weaker spring but not too weak and get it to at least half compress to still get a light but repeatable sear engagement.

The moly on the sears is key just as Martin says and you will be very surprised what effect that stuff can have.Above all take care.Some may notice a little creep in the sears after relieving spring tension some may not but creep is unadjustable unless you take the whole thing to bits and stone the sears.This is dangerous territory for those that dont know what they are doing and you could remove material that you cant put back!!!

If you experience evidence of creep after obtaining a light pull then I would suggest increasing spring weight as this will hide it a little.Onehole.

Thanks to martin!! I did mine a long time ago,, He was kined enought to send a spring and some molly grease,,

Dead easy job to do,,, I think that it took me about half an hour todo??? ;)

All the best Darrel

i have a set trigger on my 75 and t3 well worth having

Does anyone have a source for lighter springs?

I saw the pen suggestion, are they really up to the job?

TC

I would not use a pen spring On a centre fire action Way to light for the job :ph34r:

Did use one on my 17 hmr-and it has worked without any probs over the last 2 years,,

Give varmartin a shout, He will tell you what to use,, well worth doing???

Darrel

Archived