S&Bender

huntsman

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with S&B precision hunters . I know edi has the turrets fitted to two of his scopes and swear by them (but he swears at everything anyway).

I was considering sending a 3-12x50 for a "precision make over" and getting their p3 mil reticule fitted also. My concern is that as reticule is in first focal plane, will this make the mil-dots into golf balls at x12 power?

There is a a4 or 4a in it at present which at higher mag is like washing line (crap for paper-you can't see the bull, but great for hunting) .

On another matter had a problem with my new 1.5-6x42, illuminator was going on and off itself. One email to S&B no questions asked, new turret cover on its way, Great bunch to deal with.

Dave

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with S&B precision hunters . I know edi has the turrets fitted to two of his scopes and swear by them (but he swears at everything anyway).

I was considering sending a 3-12x50 for a "precision make over" and getting their p3 mil reticule fitted also. My concern is that as reticule is in first focal plane, will this make the mil-dots into golf balls at x12 power?

There is a a4 or 4a in it at present which at higher mag is like washing line (crap for paper-you can't see the bull, but great for hunting) .

On another matter had a problem with my new 1.5-6x42, illuminator was going on and off itself. One email to S&B no questions asked, new turret cover on its way, Great bunch to deal with.

Dave

Hi I have one and the opposite is true the mil dots are like pin heads on low mag and fine enough for precision on 12 mag, I like it in the past I laser ranged a rabbit at 367 yards and used the mil dots to allow for the drop and killed it first shot, then I did the same with another rabbit at 497 yards again dead first shot. Not saying I am good enough to do this all the time but the scope is .

Its the image thats magnified, the dots stay relative to the image size,,,,,arggggghhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:

Sorry

Rant over

FFP rules OK :):D

Archived