Problem with A&D Fx-120i electronic scale

Has anyone who uses the A&D Fx-120i scale had the message L6 appear on the screen?

I normally keep the power to the scale but leave it turned off.   I was going to use it this morning and even without the power button turned on it shows L6 on the screen.

I did check the manual but cannot find any error message letting me know what it means.

Any help appreciated.

Les

12 minutes ago, That bald headed Geordie said:

Has anyone who uses the A&D Fx-120i scale had the message L6 appear on the screen?

I normally keep the power to the scale but leave it turned off.   I was going to use it this morning and even without the power button turned on it shows L6 on the screen.

I did check the manual but cannot find any error message letting me know what it means.

Any help appreciated.

Les

Les it is Error Message Lb not L6.  Lb is for Low battery error =
Voltage of the power supply drops.
Confirm whether the correct AC adapter is used.

Please see Page 68 of Fx-i Manual

Regards MarkR

2 hours ago, MarkR said:

Les it is Error Message Lb not L6.  Lb is for Low battery error =
Voltage of the power supply drops.
Confirm whether the correct AC adapter is used.

Please see Page 68 of Fx-i Manual

Regards MarkR

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for the info Mark much appreciated.   I rang up a UK company about an hour or so and he said that it was not L6 but Lb and I did check the adaptor and it was the correct A&D 12v originally supplied with the 120i.

He said that as the 120i has no battery it could be a fault with the motherboard and / or it needs a new adaptor.

Regards

Les

Les, I am pleased that you have confirmed what the Error Message means.

Could it be that you had some form of Power Cut or Surge since you last looked at the Scales?

Equally Terryh's suggestion is worth considering?

Please keep us informed of the source of you problem, thank you.

I have the same Scale with the full Auto-Trickler setup, (*not sure which PSU I am using), but I always unplug the PSU after I have finished using it, so no power is going to the Scales.

When I come to use it again, I always turn on the Scales and Zero them about an hour before I start my reloading process just to ensure all the electronics have "warmed up" and "settle down".

Regards MarkR

* Just checked PSU supplied with Scales = 1amp.  PSU supplied by Adam = 2amp.  I am using the 2amp one.

Edited by MarkR
added * PSU details *

I think the V3 Autotrickler kits come with a replacement AC adaptor (think there is mention of the A&D item not giving enough oopmh in the V3 manual), so perhaps the issue relates to the trickler?

Assuming you use an autotrickler and/or autothrow?

Thanks gentlemen for your input but can confirm I am not using the autothrow/trickler and use an Omega trickler which is standalone.

I have sent the scales back to a company to check it out so will hopefully soon find out if the problem is with the adaptor or something a little more serious/expensive.

Cheers,  Les