General Reflextion

John MH

General Reflextion  

57 members have voted

1. 1. So who gets your vote (identity will not be shown)

• Boris
    • Jeremy
    • Jo
    • Nigel
    • Nicola
    • Adam
    • Jonathan & Siân

This poll is closed to new votes

If I was been really, really generous about Corbyn, I'd say he is a left wing idealist of the type that was common in university graduates of his time.

Virtually all of those people have grown up and come to realise that the ideology of their university days simply doesn't work in the real world.

Unfortunately, comrade Corbyn never grew up and still genuinely believes the left wing stuff.

That's why he has such a hard time giving any straight answers - he knows that if he expresses his true believes, he'll be laughed off the stage.

If I was being less generous about Corbyn, you probably wouldn't print it for fear of defamation!!

Cheers

Bruce

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're spot on - except, of course, he isn't a university graduate.

I tend to think of him exactly as an anti-establishment trot protester of that era, but all fart and no sh1t; sort of a Baader-Meinhoff type, but without the balls. 😂

2 hours ago, brown dog said:

...I'd probably actually vote Green...

The Green Party is committed to introducing the following measures:

The most dangerous weapons will be prohibited. These include handguns, multi-shot and high calibre weapons. There will be a complete ban on the private ownership/possession of all automatic and semi-automatic firearms.

All deactivated weapons will be treated the same as active weapons in terms of prohibition and licensing...

1. Licensing 
    A single rigorous licensing process will be put in place based on considerations of public safety rather than the convenience of shooters. Subject to relevant criteria, licenses will be issued for permitted shotguns and rifles, all lethal airguns and permitted deactivated guns. 
    Users of firearms for sporting or agricultural purposes will be required to demonstrate their competence in handling firearms and satisfy the authorities of their mental and emotional stability:
    1. Applicants should also be required to obtain the signature of, say, ten citizens (just as a prospective electoral candidate) who will vouch for the good character of the licence holder. This will discourage the 'loners' and socially isolated individuals who are most at risk of committing the horror that occurred at Dunblane and Hungerford.
    2. The cost of medical and psychological tests must be borne by the applicant, together with a new annual fee which is sufficient to repay the economic damage - to police, court and NHS - inflicted on it by the abuse of guns generally. When licences are awarded the onus will be on the applicant to demonstrate his or her suitability to handle firearms rather than on the authorities to prove the applicant's unsuitability. Licence holders will be required to renew their applications on an annual basis individuals whose licence application is rejected will be required to wait at least two years before re-applying.
  2. There will be a complete ban on the manufacture, sale and import of imitation weapons (replica guns and blank firers) and a ban on their public possession.

https://policy.greenparty.org.uk/cj.html

maximus otter

Labour are going to plant 200 trees per minute until further notice - the seedlings don't exist nor is there sufficient land available...

And an oak tree only sequesters 1 ton of C per 100 years, whilst we all produce 10 tons each annually.

It's all cobblers from all sides.

...and I'd suggest there's more to play for than single-issue voting on licensing proposals that are similarly cobblers promises not even worth the ink. 😊

By the time the Greens gain any leverage, we'll be too busy bailing out the houses from rising sea levels to worry overly about Green firearms policy !

I live on a hill at 185m, likely to be looking over the Sea of Cheshire to the Islands of Beeston.

I don't think firearms legislation is a likely deciding factor for me.  A sense of proportion and priorities; and a glass of whisky is to be recommended.

Something all the remainers need to remember is that a vote for Corbyn probably means leave, even if they don't say so. To do all the very expensive nationalisation the UK has to be outside the EU!

I also wonder about how many people don't seem to understand how democracy works. People voted to leave, we should carry out that result. Of course all remainers are then free to try and get the UK to rejoin but that is an argument for further down the track.

David.

4 minutes ago, Kalahari said:

Something all the remainers need to remember is that a vote for Corbyn probably means leave, even if they don't say so. To do all the very expensive nationalisation the UK has to be outside the EU!

I also wonder about how many people don't seem to understand how democracy works. People voted to leave, we should carry out that result. Of course all remainers are then free to try and get the UK to rejoin but that is an argument for further down the track.

David.

Oh, that's how democracy works !  🤔

Glad you cleared that up.  There was I thinking a General Election with clear choices was also an exercise in democracy - obviously not.

Get Labour in as a minority gov, stage a second ref, not much time for all the other spending spree, wouldn't get a Finance Bill passed anyhow.  Ah, bliss

Seriously though, Brexit is clearly a major issue in the GE but by no means the only issue playing out.  Should Labour cop for a minority government it will be because sufficient people don't want Brexit or at least Boris Brexit.

I hope Boris gets a majority ( a substantial one) and a reasonable form of Brexit is delivered. Anything else would be a betrayal of the referendum. This is not particularly good for me as a Brit living in Europe but for me principles come before my personal gain or comfort.

Corbyn, a total terrorist supporting bawbag, beggars belief how anyone could vote for that.....for example:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/10492471/jeremy-corbyn-co-sponsor-event-ira-terrorist/amp/

5 minutes ago, ds1 said:

I hope Boris gets a majority ( a substantial one) and a reasonable form of Brexit is delivered. Anything else would be a betrayal of the referendum. This is not particularly good for me as a Brit living in Europe but for me principles come before my personal gain or comfort.

Corbyn, a total terrorist supporting bawbag, beggars belief how anyone could vote for that.....for example:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/10492471/jeremy-corbyn-co-sponsor-event-ira-terrorist/amp/

Will Czech not be tempted to follow us if we leave ?

Del, I hope so..........there would be a majority here to bin the EU but the politicians are too bent ( fingers in EU gravy train.... google Babis and Storks Nest fund for an example of our PMs sticky fingers) to have a referendum.

10 hours ago, DaveT said:

There is a LOT more to worry about with comrade Corbyn than just taking our guns away.

I would agree. Why anyone who owns more than the clothes they are stood in would vote for Corbyn (the terrorist sympathising communist) and the lefty bunch of clowns is beyond me - I wouldn't trust Labour (Lib Dem, Green etc.) to run a bath!    

31 minutes ago, ds1 said:

I too hope that Boris gets a (very) large majority, leave means leave (there has always been a deal available, it's called WTO!). 

2 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

a hung parliament would be as equally disastrous as a Labour government . 

we can dream...

Matt, the world has gone bonkers.......sort of off topic but just the Jewish thing..... wonder what Harriet Bradley thinks of JCB ( especially as Boris just did a plastic wall with  one).

Complaint lodged with OECD about JCB allegedly not preventing abuse of its machinery in Palestinian occupied territories

Chirst on a bike..... if I were CEO of JCB I would not be supplying any JCBs for foreign aid projects or anything in the Gaza Strip. Never mind all the good stuff you can do with a JCB....... withdrawing all heavy plant from Palestine sounds like the only way to stop Mrs Miggins tea and hash shop from getting a facelift.

Well, being honest, I'm still a little bit undecided about the direction of my vote this coming Thursday.

Obviously, I've taken into consideration what I consider to be the following major factors on the two main parties:

On the one hand the Conservative Boris Johnson is a bit of a rascal with the ladies and can sometimes bend the truth a bit, he’s also a bit posh.

And on the other hand.. Labour's Jeremy Corbyn Invited two IRA members to parliament two weeks after the Brighton bombing. Attended Bloody Sunday commemoration with bomber Brendan McKenna. Attended meeting with Provisional IRA member Raymond McCartney. Hosted IRA linked Mitchell McLaughlin in parliament. Spoke alongside IRA terrorist Martina Anderson. Attended Sinn Fein dinner with IRA bomber Gerry Kelly. Chaired Irish republican event with IRA bomber Brendan MacFarlane. Attended Bobby Sands commemoration honouring IRA terrorists. Stood in minute’s silence for IRA gunmen shot dead by the SAS. Refused to condemn the IRA in Sky News interview. Refused to condemn the IRA on Question Time. Refused to condemn IRA violence in BBC radio interview. Signed EDM after IRA Poppy massacre massacre blaming Britain for the deaths. Arrested while protesting in support of Brighton bomber’s co-defendants. Lobbied government to improve visiting conditions for IRA killers. Attended Irish republican event calling for armed conflict against Britain. Hired suspected IRA man Ronan Bennett as a parliamentary assistant. Hired another aide closely linked to several convicted IRA terrorists. Heavily involved with IRA sympathising newspaper London Labour Briefing. Put up £20,000 bail money for IRA terror suspect Roisin McAliskey. Didn’t support IRA ceasefire. Said Hamas and Hezbollah are his “friends“. Called for Hamas to be removed from terror banned list. Called Hamas “serious and hard-working“. Attended wreath-laying at grave of Munich massacre terrorist. Attended conference with Hamas and PFLP. Photographed smiling with Hezbollah flag. Attended rally with Hezbollah and Al-Muhajiroun. Repeatedly shared platforms with PFLP plane hijacker. Hired aide who praised Hamas’ “spirit of resistance“. Accepted £20,000 for state TV channel of terror-sponsoring Iranian regime. Opposed banning Britons from travelling to Syria to fight for ISIS. Defended rights of fighters returning from Syria. Said ISIS supporters should not be prosecuted. Compared fighters returning from Syria to Nelson Mandela. Said the death of Osama Bin Laden was a “tragedy“. Wouldn’t sanction drone strike to kill ISIS leader. Voted to allow ISIS fighters to return from Syria. Opposed shoot to kill. Attended event organised by terrorist sympathising IHRC. Signed letter defending Lockerbie bombing suspects. Wrote letter in support of conman accused of fundraising for ISIS. Spoke of “friendship” with Mo Kozbar, who called for destruction of Israel. Attended event with Abdullah Djaballah, who called for holy war against UK. Called drone strikes against terrorists “obscene”. Boasted about “opposing anti-terror legislation”. Said laws banning jihadis from returning to Britain are “strange”. Accepted £5,000 donation from terror supporter Ted Honderich. Accepted £2,800 trip to Gaza from banned Islamist organisation Interpal. Called Ibrahim Hewitt, extremist and chair of Interpal, a “very good friend”. Accepted two more trips from the pro-Hamas group PRC. Speaker at conference hosted by pro-Hamas group MEMO. Met Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh several times. Hosted meeting with Mousa Abu Maria of banned group Islamic Jihad. Patron of Palestine Solidarity Campaign – marches attended by Hezbollah. Compared Israel to ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah and al-Qaeda. Said we should not make “value judgements” about Britons who fight for ISIS. Received endorsement from Hamas. Attended event with Islamic extremist Suliman Gani. Chaired Stop the War, who praised “internationalism and solidarity” of ISIS. Praised Raed Salah, who was jailed for inciting violence in Israel. Signed letter defending jihadist advocacy group Cage. Met Dyab Jahjah, who praised the killing of British soldiers. Shared platform with representative of extremist cleric Muqtada al-Sadr. Compared ISIS to US military in interview on Russia Today. Opposed proscription of Hizb ut-Tahrir. Attended conference which called on Iraqis to kill British soldiers. Attended Al-Quds Day demonstration in support of destruction of Israel. Supported Hamas and ISIS-linked Viva Palestina group. Attended protest with Islamic extremist Moazzam Begg. Made the “case for Iran” at event hosted by Khomeinist group. Photographed smiling with Azzam Tamimi, who backed suicide bombings. Photographed with Abdel Atwan, who sympathised with attacks on US troops. Said Hamas should “have tea with the Queen”. Attended ‘Meet the Resistance’ event with Hezbollah MP Hussein El Haj. Attended event with Haifa Zangana, who praised Palestinian “mujahideen”. Defended the infamous anti-Semitic Hamas supporter Stephen Sizer. Attended event with pro-Hamas and Hezbollah group Naturei Karta. Backed Holocaust denying anti-Zionist extremist Paul Eisen. Photographed with Abdul Raoof Al Shayeb, later jailed for terror offences. Mocked “anti-terror hysteria” while opposing powers for security services. Named on speakers list for conference with Hamas sympathiser Ismail Patel. Criticised drone strike that killed Jihadi John. Said the 7/7 bombers had been denied “hope and opportunity”. Said 9/11 was “manipulated” to make it look like bin Laden was responsible. Failed to unequivocally condemn the 9/11 attacks. Called Columbian terror group M-19 “comrades”. Blamed beheading of Alan Henning on Britain. Gave speech in support of Gaddafi regime. Signed EDM spinning for Slobodan Milosevic. Blamed Tunisia terror attack on “austerity”. Voted against banning support for the IRA. Voted against the Prevention of Terrorism Act three times during the Troubles. Voted against emergency counter-terror laws after 9/11. Voted against stricter punishments for being a member of a terror group. Voted against criminalising the encouragement of terrorism. Voted against banning al-Qaeda. Voted against outlawing the glorification of terror. Voted against control orders. Voted against increased funding for the security services to combat terrorism.

So it’s a tricky one really.

The world is not black and white, both main parties are run by incompetent and self-serving individuals.

I don't want Brexit, I don't care about the nonsensical arguments about "democracy".  It's all about the 10% in the middle - have they changed their minds?

I choose the path that is least unpleasant knowing that most of the extreme nonsense in Jezza is well under control

"I don't care about the nonsensical arguments about "democracy "

Well you should. Mugabe and most of the tyrants in the world got into power and hold onto it by distorting and ignoring the democratic process. Hitler did it as well. Be careful of what you wish for. Your least unpleasant path might turn out to be very unpleasant indeed.

David.