Labradar with small calibres

FWIW, here's my setup, (shortly to acquire a 1066 aiming aid). The tripod is a Velbon Mini D,    https://www.microglobe.co.uk/velbon-ultra-maxi-mini-d-tripod-p-8912.html    which folds to pocket size and comes with a substantial ball and socket head and a built in spirit level.

I've seen Labrads in use with a matching bright orange flat base which on uneven grass, looks about as much use as a nine bob note.

The battery pack is an Imuto X6L, which after 4 half-days still has 60% of it's capacity left.

Re-Pete

_D817536Labrad.jpg

• 1 month later...

Regarding the Labrador not picking up when used with a Moderator, when I bought mine, Colin at Sporting Services asked me if I used a

moderator? 

when I answered affirmative, he recommended I get the air gun microphone and use it.  I did and it works perfectly every time. J.

It's only on 223 that I have problems with so will check performance without the mod.

All others work just fine with the mod on.

That aimer is so simple, yet it makes life so much easier when setting up..............

Now if only they had a remote, so that you didn't have to keep jumping up and down when it failed to track............(no, I don't have a smart phone)

Pete

On 1/30/2020 at 1:13 PM, Re-Pete said:

That aimer is so simple, yet it makes life so much easier when setting up..............

Now if only they had a remote, so that you didn't have to keep jumping up and down when it failed to track............(no, I don't have a smart phone)

Pete

+1 on the aimer - thanks to 1066

I would not be able to use mine without the smart phone app, being somewhat disabled, getting up and down even from a normal seat is somewhat time consuming and wearing

Had no problems with 22, just had to take the mod off to get the speeds reliably.

223 is fine even with the mod - I keep the muzzle about 1/2 inch to the side of the labradar, and 1/2 to 1 inch behind the labradar - i.e. the muzzle(moderator opening) is in front of the labradar as recommended in the manual. Some times the unit does not track the bullet beyond 60-70 yards, but that is not a problem to me as I am only interested in MV

ATB

M wishing the rain would stop in wet, wet monmouthshire

23 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

I'd like it to stop in Hampshire as well.................

Pete

Ditto Berkshire 😕

Also, no problem with moderated 20cal being picked up, 17H is the only thing I sometimes have probs with.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to the party, but my experience with the Labradar was initially tiresome. I couldn't get it to trigger with anything moderated (22lr, 22-250, 6XC and only 2 shots out of 11 with a 270), after speaking to Labradar over email they advised me to get the airgun trigger (microphone), and since then it pretty much doesn't miss a shot from everything 17hmr & 22lr upwards all moderated. The trigger is bl***y steep @ £50 and I was pretty annoyed about having to purchase it on top of the £580 unit price, but it cured my issues, shame it isn't included/built into the unit.