Thermal

MACH 2

1 hour ago, MACH 2 said:

I expect that you are saying that the reflection from the device can be seen on your face as you look through it. 

yes, put it on standby when you need to walk in on something or hold viewfinder against clothing

Hi all 

bunnies and foxes easily see a glow from the lcd screen when I’ve spotted them and let the thermal hang from my neck while I’m getting on target with the NV . An old spare butler creek cap for the eyepiece shuts off any light as I don’t like turning the thermal off as it seems to last longer on the batteries if left running and is ready to spot again if needed when you forget where the target was . Cheers 

3 hours ago, Richiew said:

Hi all 

bunnies and foxes easily see a glow from the lcd screen when I’ve spotted them and let the thermal hang from my neck while I’m getting on target with the NV . An old spare butler creek cap for the eyepiece shuts off any light as I don’t like turning the thermal off as it seems to last longer on the batteries if left running and is ready to spot again if needed when you forget where the target was . Cheers 

What kind of thermal are you using. I am hoping to get a thermal device just for spotting and then use the Yukon Photon with IR for shooting them. I see that Leupold have a new "LTO Tracker 2 HD" thermal device on the market. Anybody any experience of this.

Pulsar xq 38  just been out tonight and foxy can tell I’m there if the glow from the eyepiece isn’t covered up he can also see the IR illuminator on the drone pro too  . The pulsar only gives either white hot , black hot or a rainbow set of colours based on amount of heat and animals show up as blobs of heat at longer distances . Animals only look animal shaped close up ie less than 100 m . Cheers