Load date n140 223 , 55g

David.evans

16 hours ago, David.evans said:

Just started reloading and find the data a night mare , with Hornady 10th Ed , and Vihtavuori 

and other load data all different, I thinking of starting with 24;5 grain of 140 , with 55g v max 

is any one using this combination or something very close 

many thanks 

Dave 

They will be different because they used different LOTs of bullet, powder, primer and brass -fired in different equipment, measured with different equipment. If you are going to reload and understand it, you need to come to terms with data differences and work around it. When in doubt, the lowest charge listed from the powder maker is the best starting point. ~Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried the 60gr Vmax and despite achieving some consistently low ES figures using N133 and N140 I cannot achieve consistent accuracy with that bullet.  My barrel, whatever I seem to do, only manages about 1/2 moa with it on average. I have better luck with the 69TMK which works out closer to 1/3 moa on average.  I may try the 55 VMax instead and see how that goes.