American M1 garand 30-06 Straight Pull 30-06 Garand Rifles

johnnyb0_1

Evening All!  I'm wondering if anyone in your clubs has purchased one of the above.  Apparently being made in Luxembourg to UK spec.  form original parts.  

A bit spendy,  so I don't want to buy something that won't shoot well.  Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  JP. 

4 minutes ago, johnnyb0_1 said:

Evening All!  I'm wondering if anyone in your clubs has purchased one of the above.  Apparently being made in Luxembourg to UK spec.  form original parts.  

A bit spendy,  so I don't want to buy something that won't shoot well.  Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  JP. 

UK Spec ??

A fellow shooter bought one from Oakrise Arms. It was assembled from NOS Beretta parts and certainly looks brand new.

It shoots like a dream, is very accurate but if you are shooting strings you'll need a glove or taped fingers because cocking it will soon hurt bare hands.

At just under £1800 they aren't that pricey compared to some other rifles. I suppose it depends whether you want to shoot it a lot or just for fun. He shoots CSR iron sights with his.

I had one ...very accurate only got shut to buy an AR10 off Bradders and the plod wouldn't give me an increase on centrefire rifles. On another note if you get one I have about 15 or 16 spare en bloc clips and a canvas sling to hold some of them that  are surplus to requirements