Black IR for NV

MACH 2

I think you're referring to 940nm ir, yes there's a few to choose from just Google it for sellers, I'm not sure about it working with the photon but would imagine it will, but you won't get as much range with 940 as opposed to 850nm. 

Have you tried 850nm yet as not all foxes spook from it, just the odd one occasionally that's probably been missed or spooked with ir or a lamp, I shot 3 foxes the other night in a small paddock with the pard 008's laser ir, all at no more than 65 yds and none of them took any notice of me.

I have just sold a T75mm 940 unused from Customriflescopes ( it was in with the new pard 007 bundle ) on ebay & the fellow is claiming "it isnt a bright as his £10 torch" 😆 & wanted his money back. i answered all his claims & have lodged a counter claim.

So even dumbtwats with 1200 ebay feedback ,cant see the 940 either   😁

Deer can certainly see 850 on the Pard 007, one stood watching me the other night whilst i was out on rabbits. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When Nitesite first launched the 940nan light source, there were no explanations that the range is reduced compared to an 850nan light source. Certainly you will have a reduced sight range when using 940nan torch but if it still covers what you need, great.  

Phil

Have you looked at the new VSCEL lasers that come in 940? i use on for my spotter, the thinking behind that being i use the spotter the most when hunting, scanning around looking for a target, so i want that to be the most "invisible" i have a 850 laser for the rifle, but only turn that one when i am about to take a shot. have a look at night vision store black sun dark engine covert IR, this is the one i use, they claim you can still get 300 yards with it, which in my experience is about correct

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/black-sun-dark-engine-covert-ir-illuminator-c2x28497639