Varget

PhilM

Anyone still using this?

I have switched exclusively to factory ammo for fox for my .223 T3, and am going to be starting reloading for my AR15 shortly, but starting from scratch I’ll pick up a tub of something available (RS52 for 69/77 TMKs?).

I have a tub and a half or so (will measure it when I’m back) of Varget if anyone in the Wiltshire/Cirencester/West Oxfordshire area is interested? (Maybe everyone has moved on by now?)

12 hours ago, PhilM said:

Anyone still using this?

I have switched exclusively to factory ammo for fox for my .223 T3, and am going to be starting reloading for my AR15 shortly, but starting from scratch I’ll pick up a tub of something available (RS52 for 69/77 TMKs?).

I have a tub and a half or so (will measure it when I’m back) of Varget if anyone in the Wiltshire/Cirencester/West Oxfordshire area is interested? (Maybe everyone has moved on by now?)

Price please.

Yup still got a few tubs , not for sale tho . Or swaps . I probably go to RS too

Hi Banus,

I did if you recall PM you back to advise it was being collected by another member, and if that fell through I’d contact you. 

I sent the same also to Brillo who also enquired.

A member on here did collect it and I thought £50 for very nearly two tubs full was a reasonable price. Not sure why Scotch Egg has been posting about excessive varget prices and Dick Turpin?

Anyways, it’s gone and inline with my original idea, to someone who has a pet Varget load they’d like to keep using! 

173061F7-036D-4F47-BCAE-1E6293594C4C.png

6 minutes ago, PhilM said:

Not sure why Scotch Egg has been posting about excessive varget prices and Dick Turpin?

Think it was just a tongue in cheek comment not directed at you - people have been trying to sell Varget for twice its cost and more in some various places since the REACH-thing happened.

£50 for 1.5 tubs was a steal for someone :)

15 hours ago, GT3_richy said:

Think it was just a tongue in cheek comment not directed at you - people have been trying to sell Varget for twice its cost and more in some various places since the REACH-thing happened.

£50 for 1.5 tubs was a steal for someone :)

Correct richy. It’s getting a bit silly now. There are perfectly good alternatives that are available. I have seen some silly prices being advertised. 

@PhilM your prices were spot on. 

1 hour ago, Scotch_egg said:

Correct richy. It’s getting a bit silly now. There are perfectly good alternatives that are available. I have seen some silly prices being advertised. 

@PhilM your prices were spot on. 

This!

Varget in the US is one of the most popular powders in the 6mm Dasher. Silly in all ways trying to cling onto Varget here - its gone.

Substituted 4166, obtaining near identical velocities per grain as Varget is advertised in delivering and from my memories of Varget a lot less carbon.

T

In .308 I get near identical performance to Varget with N140 (155 Lapua).  Can't say I've ever been a Varget fan-boy,  I find N140 to be cleaner.

21 minutes ago, banus02 said:

good afternoon all, perhaps this can now be closed as the powder has been sold and further comments would have no value.

What a strange statement/comment? 🙄 (That’s a  rhetorical statement BTW!)