CSR

Dellboy

Hello Del, you need to speak to your fashion advisor Rory - I hear FKW West Ham kit with flip flops and a red beard is the in thing :) .........imagine the pink slacks and straw lot would be somewhat bemused.

From what I saw at bisley ( admittedly some time ago) I guess there were a few distinct “culture” groups - camo everything - which can be a cost effective option from army and navy stores on line, Gucci Lakeland wear such as Direct Alpine and Bergen’s etc that cost an arm and a leg or best China 5:11 crap.

Personally I would go with army surplus gore-tex rain coat and leggings ( Czech army surp gore-tex is excellent quality, if you can get it ), Lidl thermal underwear, spend money on quality socks and goretex boots ( Meindl) as nowt is comfortable if your feet are wet and cold and a half decent fleece and gloves with army surp trousers. 

1 hour ago, Roy W said:

You seem to be asking this on all the forums except the CSR one? 

thought i had  will check iy out   . lets face it most people are on more than one forum aren't they

2 hours ago, ds1 said:

Hello Del, you need to speak to your fashion advisor Rory - I hear FKW West Ham kit with flip flops and a red beard is the in thing :) .........imagine the pink slacks and straw lot would be somewhat bemused.

From what I saw at bisley ( admittedly some time ago) I guess there were a few distinct “culture” groups - camo everything - which can be a cost effective option from army and navy stores on line, Gucci Lakeland wear such as Direct Alpine and Bergen’s etc that cost an arm and a leg or best China 5:11 crap.

Personally I would go with army surplus gore-tex rain coat and leggings ( Czech army surp gore-tex is excellent quality, if you can get it ), Lidl thermal underwear, spend money on quality socks and goretex boots ( Meindl) as nowt is comfortable if your feet are wet and cold and a half decent fleece and gloves with army surp trousers. 

Cammo flip flops obviously .....

LOL at this thread! I'm facing my first winter in the butts. Currently the weather changes so much I have a fleece, a showerproof, a t shirt and cammo trousers. All charity shop finds. My aim is to get 'outdoor ' lables at Asda prices. Years of transporting clothes taught me that the brand is mostly just a con, with only so much going on quality manufacture.

The North Face is good, but its sold out a bit of late. I don't spend a lot on clothes. I  just got some boots off ebay, cheap and good. I've also just ordered some army trousers off ebay, says they're unissued so I  will let you know how good they are. 

I have to say I  was a bit dubious of cammo and army surplus for work at Bisley at first. I wasn't sure if it was looked on as a bit weekend warrior. Obviously not ;)