6mm creedmoor powders

3 minutes ago, treetop said:

Well if we ever get some.. The new Winchester StaBall 6.5 looks good on paper

is this available in the UK ?  REACH Regs ?

Interesting article Vince, and appears to bear out my own tests, and also Mark eu's.

The cartridge is such a hot number, you need a good meaty barrel on there, to stop it walking. I mean HEAVIER than rem varmint.

I've been down the butts when its been shot against its big brother, the 6.5, and despite what the figures say, it has no advantage in the wind. I watched the groups move just the same amount as the 6.5.

I thinks the yanks have adopted it for one reason in PRL.....its flatter for UKD. It hasn't anything else going for it.

The 6XC is a far more accurate case, and way easier to tune.

barrel life on the CM is also not good,1000 rds in and its 2/3rds toast.

It will excel at that Vince.

CSR is pretty hard on any barrel, but especially so in a hot 6mm. you can sometimes end up shooting 30 rounds in 5 minutes.

The groups only started to show, opening up at long range [5-600 yards ] I was most surprised. rem varmint will usually remain stable with most calibers, but apparently not in hot 6's.

I've always thought the same as yourself, that the perfect McQueen's calibre is a 6mm of sorts.

Stonking velocities out of a 22" tube, that. A sure sign of a pretty well balanced cartridge.