UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Sign in to follow this  
SMLE

Moderator Cleaning

Just wondering what others do to clean their strippable moderators such as Wildcat Evo’s.

I’ve been giving mine a scrub with washing detergent and warm water before drying and an oily rag wipe over prior to reassembly. This seems to be working well but feels very agricultural!

Is anyone out there being a little more sophisticated and using ultrasonic etc.? If so, any pro’s or con’s?

I tend not to want to fix something that isn’t broken, but I am getting bored of standing at the sink..... one of the reasons I own a dishwasher.

Might be interesting to see what others do.

4 hours ago, SMLE said:

Just wondering what others do to clean their strippable moderators such as Wildcat Evo’s.

I’ve been giving mine a scrub with washing detergent and warm water before drying and an oily rag wipe over prior to reassembly. This seems to be working well but feels very agricultural!

Is anyone out there being a little more sophisticated and using ultrasonic etc.? If so, any pro’s or con’s?

I tend not to want to fix something that isn’t broken, but I am getting bored of standing at the sink..... one of the reasons I own a dishwasher.

Might be interesting to see what others do.

Buy one that's not strippable, that way it doesn't need cleaning 😉

12 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

Buy one that's not strippable, that way it doesn't need cleaning 😉

Heavy sigh and rolls eyes....🙄