6mm Dasher

New stick for general target work in 6mm Norma Dasher

788CA95C-BD6F-418F-AFB3-458EEA726E04.thumb.jpeg.92411e69889d35fd517737cf4f104098.jpeg

Just starting on load development, using 105g Berger hybrids and IMR 4166 getting nodes at 31.4g 2890 FPS and 32.4g giving 2955 FPS. Very low ES & SD, first time I’ve Dealt with the small case 6mm’s

Also a bit of a learning curve re. Ski type by pods and rear bags, need to play with grip leaning towards free recoil perhaps?

Very please so far with build

Action’s an Ultimatum Deadline, Gunwerks CF stock, 1:7.75 Benchmade barrel at 27”

3B8D25D0-0635-4094-BF05-B86930EF771F.thumb.jpeg.dbac72758c2acffb354467e5bf069300.jpeg

Scope is March 10-60 HighMaster in March UK rings. Action has 20 moa rail. Must say the optics are very clear edge to edge.

Short throw on the ultimatum is not as heavy as other 60 deg actions i’ve Used.

T

Very  nice Terry.

I was playing with one of these actions last week, and will probably end up barrelling it.

There is one fault with them however. The bolt is so fat [its about .835 ] in diameter, it throws all the geometry of the cocking dog lower etc. Not a problem on a stock like yours, but it causes problems with chassis etc, as the dog won't clear the stock.

This also means that the magazine [when fitted in a chassis ] fouls the fatter diameter bolt.

All can be sorted with correct pillar heights in a composite/wood stock, but major headaches in a chassis.

Nice smooth action though.

Evening Dave, 

yes bolt is larger dia. and could see the issue in a chassis but I’m off chassis these days - to me they’re like pubic hairs 🤔😂

not sure what they use for a coating but it sure is smooth?

T

It looks like DLC to me Terry.

I was looking at the bolt closely. By its very design [3 lug ] The bolt has to be as fat as the lug dia.

I swapped the head for the magnum bolt head, and it looked to me, to be about as far as it would go, ie, no lap mag or Norma.

is yours a single shot ?

Quite naughty looking , love the cheeky carbon stock ...

Mr Egg,

Yes a Gunwerks Verdict, nice item, slim wrist and vertical grip with thumb shelf (ambidextrous). The pop off cheek piece is and engineering 'thing' in itself 😎

Ronin,

Did turn out nice, thank you. Just need to sort my *hite out re shooting off bunny ears and big bipods

T

Get the bag settled (tap the bag with the stock base )

Use a strip of carpet (I kid you not) under the skis

• 6 months later...

Just back from 1st real play with this rifle, must say very pleased with its performance, zip recoil, easy to shoot, wind was very much ‘fish tailing’ so simple hold l & r edge of bull to compensate 

ignoring the 1st shot down a (very) clean barrel out of storage just spot on performance 

105g Berger, 32.4g IMR 4166 gives a comfortable 2950, 26.75moa from 100 yards zero for 1000 yards. Wind was 10mph +/- from 10 o’clock, but doing funny stuff .

Scope is on scant and too far back - but the stock feels just right.

Excuse crap photo but best I could do on the range

E059BDD9-BD64-4806-8DCB-B09176214CFF.thumb.jpeg.c998fd6d267a6c4ba74298a9344b3daa.jpeg

Happy bunny.

Did you import the thing built, or was it plumbed here T? no pressure signs at 32.4 I take it?

Looks lovely, what does the stock weigh?

GT3-R,

It was put together here. No idea what the stock weighs on its own, its a Gunwerks - might be on their site? No, no pressure signs at all, ran some higher loads during development but this one feels ‘just right’ when looking at results.

Cheers Andy, was a very pleasing 1st outing at 1000 with the rifle. sort of surprised me how’s much it seem to ‘avoid’ the wind changes compared to the other cartridges on the line.