Accuracy International AX butt stock on AT

I can’t help you answer your question per say. I have an AX, and love it for being an AX. I have an AT and love it for it’s thumbhole. I’ve personally never felt wanting for an AX stock on my AT. That said, if I only had an AT would I put an AX stock on..... perhaps?

I wonder if there is any weight savings to be had between the two?

The stock adjustments are a nice touch on the AX and yes quick, but I rarely adjust them once set. The nice touch is that all the adjustments have numerical value set to them so it’s easy to reset once you know what you like. 

One thing though..... unless your a lefty, why would you do with a left folding AX stock? The great thing about the AX is that it’s right folding and folds over the bolt which massively reduces its footprint whilst folded and easier to store in a bag, case or cabinet. 

Yes TWG has done this 

Dave (Baldie) probably best places to advise on the merits or otherwise 

Aesthetically it’s a no brainier to me (do it)

Not sure of weight saving

Im not sure if you will regain the cost of the assembly should you (ever) decide to move it on  

Baldie did the conversion for me. Yes, the hinge now folds the other way and "captures" the bolt knob. Makes more sense than folding the other way.

The only issue that I've had is that the cheek piece, even on its lowest setting, is higher than the AT original. I've had to change from medium mounts to either high or very high to be able to see through the scope.

With the benefit of hindsight, I might have been better buying an AX instead, but I like the look of the AT.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your reply. 

I have an early AT that came with the high picatinny rail. It is in fact the same as the AX rail so that won’t be a problem. 

There is a solution for you though. A company I’m the states produce a cheek piece that sits lower so you don’t have to use high rings. 

Scotch Egg

I just noticed that you asked for photos. Excuse the poor lighting, no flash. Hope you can see what you need to. Any other questions, just ask.

Markymark. 

Interesting link, I've always been surprised there isn't much available in the uk to modify AIs. Perhaps most UK shooters like to keep them to factory specs?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg