22-250 Sierra 69gr TMKs

Hi all. 
going to have a 22-250 varminting machine build on a Remington action with a 26” barrel, and have the 69gr TMK in mind for the job, the 53gr Vmax also is a possibility. Is a 1-10 twist ok for the job or is it marginal? Not wanting to shoot anything heavier as i have a .284 for longer range  stuff. Cheers. 

I use the 60gn TMKs in mine and they are pretty good! Also used 55gn HPBT and they just as good but more susceptible to wind out beyond 400. 
never looked at using 69TMKs but 1:10 should be enough to spin them up as long as build up a load to find which load suits your barrel. 
what you using N140? 

Agree with Onehole - I have had an 2 tight twist 22.250 rifles   - (8 Twist and a 9 Twist)

I also currently run , a 22BR with an 8 twist,  and shoot both the 77 grn TMK's and 55grn SBK .    Both of the 22.250's I have owned also would do this with great accuracy.  

I don't really see any positives from fitting a 10 twist and hope that it will stabilise your bullet of choice  - why limit yourself , or take a chance  ??

Go for 8 twist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks like some decent accuracy nodes.  😎

But I would be tempted to throw a few more logs on the fire and find an accuracy node higher up the charge weights.   Your velocities at present are slower than a 223 can shoot these bullets.   My own 22Br zips 69g TMKs at 3315 fps with real precision.

9 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Looks like some decent accuracy nodes.  😎

But I would be tempted to throw a few more logs on the fire and find an accuracy node higher up the charge weights.   Your velocities at present are slower than a 223 can shoot these bullets.   My own 22Br zips 69g TMKs at 3315 fps with real precision.

Hi yes my next 25 reloads are all a notch higher I just need to find the time to test them out hopefully I will find one with a bit more speed behind it.