Playing with subsonic.308 win

One on top of two

1 hour ago, saddler said:

Has anyone made a clone of the Lapua Subsonic .308 factory ammo?

I’m working on it 👍

the subs are good fun, I shot them today out to 150 yards. My favourites ATM have to be the 167 Lapua scenar. I can twang steel out to 300 m and still get a very satisfying DONG ! 
and of course you have the added benefit of no one hearing you having the time of your life 😂

9 hours ago, One on top of two said:

the subs are good fun, I shot them today out to 150 yards. My favourites ATM have to be the 167 Lapua scenar. I can twang steel out to 300 m and still get a very satisfying DONG ! 
and of course you have the added benefit of no one hearing you having the time of your life 😂

Hi, just as a matter of interest, what drop are you allowing at 150 and 300, and what is your zero distance? I am developing a subsonic load using green dot and  H&N 165gn RN and getting good results at 50m as per your picture, but the crap weather is stopping me getting out to my ground to try longer ranges

M very damp round the edges in Monmouthshire

5 hours ago, Miseryguts said:

Hi, just as a matter of interest, what drop are you allowing at 150 and 300, and what is your zero distance? I am developing a subsonic load using green dot and  H&N 165gn RN and getting good results at 50m as per your picture, but the crap weather is stopping me getting out to my ground to try longer ranges

M very damp round the edges in Monmouthshire

i zero @ 50 m 

below is my drop chart .

Interesting figures - I can see the vertical figures being thereabouts, but the loss of velocity over 300 yards is excellent. I assume this down to the superior BC of the bullet you are using.

Unfortunately I cannot chrono velocty at distance, only at muzzle - I assume you have a LabRadar(sp?) set up.

Managed to get out between the showers earlier and shoot some rounds off over my cheapo chronometer and get a target at 56 yards(maximum safe distance in the drive to my house - we have no neighbours within a mile or so)

Chrono figures are: 24 shots Average MV 1049,Velocity Spread 38, Sd 8

Target below is 9 shots

Load is 7.0gr Green Dot over 165gr H&N RN, PPU brass, CCI 200 primer, COAL 2.645 for jump to lands of 30 thou.

Need a break in the weather to get out to my 100/200 yard range - provided it is not still flooded

M  a bit happier in Monmouthshire

308 subsonic load dev. 02 11 2019.jpg

2 hours ago, Miseryguts said:

Interesting figures - I can see the vertical figures being thereabouts, but the loss of velocity over 300 yards is excellent. I assume this down to the superior BC of the bullet you are using.

Unfortunately I cannot chrono velocty at distance, only at muzzle - I assume you have a LabRadar(sp?) set up.

Managed to get out between the showers earlier and shoot some rounds off over my cheapo chronometer and get a target at 56 yards(maximum safe distance in the drive to my house - we have no neighbours within a mile or so)

Chrono figures are: 24 shots Average MV 1049,Velocity Spread 38, Sd 8

Target below is 9 shots

Load is 7.0gr Green Dot over 165gr H&N RN, PPU brass, CCI 200 primer, COAL 2.645 for jump to lands of 30 thou.

Need a break in the weather to get out to my 100/200 yard range - provided it is not still flooded

M  a bit happier in Monmouthshire

308 subsonic load dev. 02 11 2019.jpg

Nice 👍

I use a magneatospeed V3 . 
I do lots of varminting  so for me the V3 has the edge over the Labradar as I can set up in 2 mins in the feild before I start , check MV and my Data/Drops are ready to go  .