New Rifle

PNSE i have now got the original mag feeding ok,i will drop you a pm with details of mods i have done to it.

Aye Vim the customised 17AH will gain me more acceptance with those 'target pooftas' than a bog standard cz fireball would,maybe when you customise your fireball we may consider you to join our 'special' club ;) I will have to post some pics of its abuse if i remember the camera so i can get excepted into your 'hard as nails' club B)

Vim a fly is bigger than the projectiles im firing.Im trying 20 and 25 grain v-max also 25 grain Berger's.Powder is Vhit N120.Cost well thats a secret ;) seriously though it didnt cost vey much i bought the cz at trade price got the stock cheap from the usa and already owned the barrel blank,so i got a genuine poofta gun for not much more than yours ;)

Guest 308Panther

If thats all the noise that air rifle on steroids makes at 15 yrds away.....That thing could get me into some very serious trouble....

Some very annoying nuisance critters would be eliminated.....and in a short amount of time too.

The second best part would be that there wouldnt be enough of the bullet left to do a rifling comparison.

I would almost bet if you were to use ear plags and the mod you could here the firing pin hit the primer.

Better keep that one on your side of the pond... ;)

308Panther

Vim fireforming loads are 11grains of N120 and formed loads will be around 12 grains.What do you need two rounds for you puff? can you not shoot straight the first time ;) .Seriously though it was a pig with the standard mag until i worked my magic on it,it now works like a dream ;) .

308 i was amazed at the sound reduction the moderator acheived,i only wanted a mod to take the edge off the crack to save my hearing but this is amazing for the size and cost.You are right about the bullets expansion too,20 grain v-max just vapourise.

What a smashing bit of kit, little noise and no recoil, a lovely little gun which I am sure we would all like to own even Vim. Be interesting to see the results on a rabbit at say 130 yards but I would think they will be perfectly acceptable.

A

What a smashing bit of kit, little noise and no recoil, a lovely little gun which I am sure we would all like to own even Vim. Be interesting to see the results on a rabbit at say 130 yards but I would think they will be perfectly acceptable.

A

same cardridge different gun,these were taken at about 200yrds at 130 the cartridge is very distructive if you are shooting for the table you'd have to go for head shots[http://Picture.jpg

same cardridge different gun,these were taken at about 200yrds at 130 the cartridge is very distructive if you are shooting for the table you'd have to go for head shots[http://Picture.jpg

That is a nice looking Annie, is the stock the original or have you restocked it.?, I used to run a 1712STS in .22LR but the stock was not as nice as that. 200 yards that is a long way for such a small pill in my book, what sort of groups are you getting at that range?

Thanks

A.

That is a nice looking Annie, is the stock the original or have you restocked it.?, I used to run a 1712STS in .22LR but the stock was not as nice as that. 200 yards that is a long way for such a small pill in my book, what sort of groups are you getting at that range?

Thanks

A.

[sorry Martyn for jumping in on your thread]

the stock is a Paul Wilson custom,the gun will group into about an inch at 200 in good conditions if i do my bit.200 yards is a formality for the 17 Ackley hornet I've taken rabbits at just over 300 yards in perfect conditions

[sorry Martyn for jumping in on your thread]

the stock is a Paul Wilson custom,the gun will group into about an inch at 200 in good conditions if i do my bit.200 yards is a formality for the 17 Ackley hornet I've taken rabbits at just over 300 yards in perfect conditions

PM sent.

A

• 1 month later...

Archived