British Military Watches

Kind of makes sense to ensure the guns open up at the right time 😁

Did you have officers that could tell the time? That's why the Sergeant got the pick!  😂

I think we had an accurate clock in our vehicle to time the card swaps in the BID200 - we'd get an arse kicking if we went too soon or was too slow.  Other than that it was good to know when the PRI was due with the beer and fags

11 hours ago, brown dog said:

You thinking of the personal dosimeters on g10 straps?

No, definitely a 'watch' , the two dosimeters we used were the clip on type, put on as soon as you entered the compound and the QFD you put on when you went near 'the pot'.

• 1 month later...

On an additional note to UK military watches in general - C.Ward is now doing homage (licensed&official) editions of the C65. Still an affordable (well not Casio level, but for a swiss made mechanical watch) toolwatch with a bit extra of a soul to it. Personally I quite dig the Sandhurst field watch homage.

I have a 1970's one of those, also have a 1970's CWC with the same case design (one is 1974 and the other 1977, would need to check which is which). Hamilton are underrated in my opinion.

• 3 years later...
On 12/4/2019 at 7:30 PM, geek said:

I have a 1970's one of those, also have a 1970's CWC with the same case design (one is 1974 and the other 1977, would need to check which is which). Hamilton are underrated in my opinion.

image.thumb.jpeg.dafff4776d81b3e39696282bdb1e1b9e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fd64de3ec6f429ba82683c9197b081c2.jpeg

Pictures of my military watches (1942 Omega and 1970s CWC). I do need to get the Hamilton repaired.