Reamer-to-die dimensional differences

Lukas_K

Say I have a chamber reamer print and would like to have a FS die made along with the barrel, without going through "fire some, send them to us and wait for half a year". The neck is easy, treat it as a bushing choice, but I cannot find any guidance regarding the body. What should be the dimensional change there, or in other words - how much smaller the die reamer should be? Is 1-2 thou of body diameter under the chamber size too much or too litle, considering some springback in the brass?

Ask you reamer supplier to send you a Resize reamer 

All dimensions should be adjusted appropriately to make a F /L sizing die / seater 

Wouldn´t ask if I could do that, would I :) I have reamers for this project done by a local tooling shop. It´s a 338AI and I need to provide them with the prints. Have the chamber print actually, and now need to "adjust appropriately" for the resize reamer, just as you say. Think I´ll take 0.002 off the  body width and see.

Tried, they can provide that only along their own chamber reamers. Reason is there is many AI variants already, all are 40°, but the shoulder diameter & body taper differs. 

Lesson learned, should not have bought one without the other. Still, having at least a best-guess guideline would save me some considerable cash and wasted time :(