595 .204 Ruger

I use a thermal spotter and a pvs14 and have done for years, and they have served me well for a good number of years ( I think I bought the first model of thermal spotter as soon as it came out,and I was like a dog with two tails).The problem I have found is that with the new 204 the pvs14 add on makes the set up a bit unwieldy,its still ok to shoot and very accurate but its not as nice to shoot as a 223 (another 595) I have.I think that a dedicated nv unit would fit the bill, digital or thermal I still dont know.

1 hour ago, foxinmad said:

Haha been there done that, even stripped an old rucksack to the bare frame so I could carry a motor battery on it so I could stay out longerย ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸฆŠ I have moved on a bit now. Spot with an XP 50 and there is an XM 50 Thermion on top of the 22/250 now as I punted my 15 Drone.

Hi Martin,ย  how are you getting on foxing wth the XM50 ?? do you prefer it over the drone 15x?

Hi Bob, aye the thermion works fine, been used to spotting with the XP for a while now and used it with the drone, so using 2 thermals is fine.

There was nothing wrong with the 15X Bob but I found it a bit fussy when focusing when you didn't have much time to take the shot, a few times I lost sight of a fox and had to go back to the spotter to pick it up again. XM 50 better on top of the rifle weight wise also for hoofing about on foot ๐Ÿ‘ย  ย 

2 hours ago, foxinmad said:

Hi Bob, aye the thermion works fine, been used to spotting with the XP for a while now and used it with the drone, so using 2 thermals is fine.

There was nothing wrong with the 15X Bob but I found it a bit fussy when focusing when you didn't have much time to take the shot, a few times I lost sight of a fox and had to go back to the spotter to pick it up again. XM 50 better on top of the rifle weight wise also for hoofing about on foot ๐Ÿ‘ย  ย 

Thanks Martin, sounds good, yep that's what I'd think about the Thermion , looks good and less bulky than a drone or digiceptor and no ir to worry about ๐Ÿ˜ƒ, not that I have one yet!!!

ย