Barrel manufacturers

Jayjay1

48 minutes ago, One on top of two said:

Sassen have been doing cut rifling for a while now , 

ive had plenty of the button cut on my hunting rifles , that was when they where know as Border barrels . 

I have had nothing but praise for the lads over the years , always done an excellent job.

even toying with a sassen for my creedmoor. 

For clarity, Border produced both Cut rifling (under the Border name) and Button rifling (under the Archer name).

With the Border collapse, two lads stayed in Dumfries and formed GB Barrels Ltd, offering Cut rifling only.

Another two chaps partnered with Sassen Engeering in Birmingham. For a while they offered Button rifling only. Now they’re also offering Cut rifling.

I believe GB Barrels have their steel deep drilled by Sassen Engineering (unsure if it’s via their former colleagues or simply the Sassen parent company), then do the actual Cut rifling and lapping process in house.

31 minutes ago, Catch-22 said:

For clarity, Border produced both Cut rifling (under the Border name) and Button rifling (under the Archer name).

With the Border collapse, two lads stayed in Dumfries and formed GB Barrels Ltd, offering Cut rifling only.

Another two chaps partnered with Sassen Engeering in Birmingham. For a while they offered Button rifling only. Now they’re also offering Cut rifling.

I believe GB Barrels have their steel deep drilled by Sassen Engineering (unsure if it’s via their former colleagues or simply the Sassen parent company), then do the actual Cut rifling and lapping process in house.

Sounds about right 👍