Sako Quad Quick Release Scope

MACH 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually purchased QR  Leopold rings and bases. They are supposed to hold their zero after removing the scope and replacing it.The bases have for some reason a tapered dovetail base. As far as I can remember the quad has a 11mm dovetail rail on it but the clamping mechanism on the bases are from  12 to 18 mm. How do I attach them to the rifle.

1 hour ago, The Burpster said:

https://www.kinneysshootingsupply.com/product-p/dp-17009.htm

then any decent one piece Picatinny Mount....

I have the rings and the mounts now. Hoping to change the bases for the correct ones. If I use the picatinny rail and I get QR  mounts for the rail will the scope hold its zero after repeatedly removing the scope.

If you have a one piece rail then yes it should be within one click. Always check until you know what the effects of removing and reffitting has but mine don’t move noticeably. 

if you want guaranteed results you need a one piece rail and one piece mount with QR. Two piece mounts always allow slight flex of mounts or tube. 

2 hours ago, The Burpster said:

2 hours ago, The Burpster said:

If you have a one piece rail then yes it should be within one click. Always check until you know what the effects of removing and reffitting has but mine don’t move noticeably. 

if you want guaranteed results you need a one piece rail and one piece mount with QR. Two piece mounts always allow slight flex of mounts or tube. 

Very good. Thanks for your reply.

• 2 months later...