UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Ronin

Guardian Long Range Competition Ireland

Nothing wrong with a T3. 

Look forward to more pics.

T3 are slippery as a slippy thing 

4 minutes ago, Ronin said:

T3 are slippery as a slippy thing 

I have 2 factory T3Xs and a Bartlein on a T3 donor, they're all very quick cycling, especially the latter fettled by Alan M. In comparison my 2 Defiance actions feel a lot tighter and have less slop but require more precise operation which I could easily see causing a problem under competitive conditions. I imagine they will be a lot slicker after a few more thousand rounds through them though.

Personally it will be hard to justify building on a custom action over a T3 in future, unless the cartridge planned wont fit a Tikka donor for whatever reason.

Unless you moved to a magnum bolt face you can have any .473 diameter cartridge in the T3 - just change bolt stop and magazine to suite 

The PGW Coyote I have is DLC coated on the bolt - really is slick but not as good as Tikka (I don’t believe I said that either)

Would be very interesting to see a rifle / barrel / chassis (stock) and calibre break down of the top ten shooters at this competition 

First pic,  closer shooter is Hakan Spuhr Sweden,  behind taking a picture is Britainy McMillan next to her Gary Larson.

Yp2Wa8k.jpg

Gearing up Pia Nordquist Sweden

joGukdu.jpg

Pia and US partner swopped rifles

L4B4Ezb.jpg

Hay bale stage... Gary Larson at the left

PzzZgUR.jpg

Think this pic was the cold bore shot.

CN9uLOL.jpg

case catcher....

9hpmXrt.jpg

edi

Case catcher - brilliant idea 

Interesting to know what they were able to shoot on a 'square' range. A problem in the UK is most 'square' gallery type ranges will not allow steel targets to be used and if permission is given, unlikely, it would be at a minimum range of 300m.

MoD policy on steel targets is here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/413104/RSN_1502.pdf 

The RBL series that I was involved on some years ago was an attempt to get something more interesting to shoot with PRS type kit but range props were not an option when falling back to increase target engagement distance.

Germans have to travel to Poland or Denmark to get to a match as they have no own range in that is suitable. We only have one range in Ireland suitable for PRS as far as I know. We must make do with what we have.  

edi