ASE UTRA Jet Z moderators

Have been used to T8,s for a long time now and as they are gradually being shot out or corroded I have moved on to the Ase Utra range and experience so far is a leap forward in all respects[including cost unfortunately]The Ase Utra are streets ahead in construction and the models I have been using recently require no bushings even the North Star over barrel version they all just lock up solid and with repeatable zero time after time again.

Another reason why i chose to go down the forward fitting only mods is that with a lot and I mean a lot of experimenting the heavy barrel rifles I shoot and with their T8,s on I found they performed best with either a very very loose rear bush or none at all!!!!I have also had a T8 that never screwed up straight because of an out of line internal spigot and trying to get that one to group cost me over a few hundred rounds before I discovered what was going on.

I still think the T8 and its variants are ok but having had the chance to examine and use others I really think there are better choices out there.

hi toby ,i use a jet z at times on my 270 ,it has a 22 inch heavy sporter walther barrel the hole thing is not over long for a stalking rifle if not a little top heavy ,the jet z is a bomb proof mod have no worries with them . i also use a new model t8 on a 18 inch barrel 243 t3 .its a very handy bit of kit for use in confined space .ie jeep ,high seat, whacking hinds in the timber .if your idea is to keep a short handy rifle go for the t8 if not go for the jet z ,also i get less heat haze with the jet z .regards

I have 2 jet z's and really like them, I had a pes muzzle can which wasnt bad but these while being a bit heavier do a much better sound reduction job, I would buy another tommorow if I needed.

been using a jet-z mod on a.243 for about 5 years know and also use it on a .17 rem and .222 and been very pleased with it.also i use an A-Tec mod on a 6mmbr and been very pleased with that as well.

I've had a Jet-Z on my .223 for a year now and I'm impressed enough that when the three T8's on my other rifles finally die I'm going to fit Jet-Z's as replacements. Don't know when though as one is 5year old and the other 4year old and neither show the any signs of rusting no matter how much abuse I've given them. Can't remember how old the one on the .308 is, as I wasn't the original owner.

Pete.

Archived