6.5x47 Bartlein barreled action and McMillan A5 Adj

Morning guys

Well I am selling my trusty 6.5x47 Remington 700 barreled action, as I have been maliciously lured towards a Borden Alpine that (in my mind) I now absolutely need more than oxygen!! 

The action is a Remington 700 with C prefix which were the good ones before the accountants took control. It was bought from new by me as a 308 and has been trued by Ronin (who is excellent by the way) when the barrel and heavy recoil lug were fitted. It currently wears an adjustable McM A5 stock and Atlasworks floorplate that I will keep unless a tempting offer comes in (See post below, whole lot now for sale). The bolt handle currently wears a big rubber knob that can be removed if desired.

The barrel is a 26 inch Bartlein Stainless fluted in M40 contour 1 in 8.25 in twist, that is match crowned and threaded 18x1 and has had between 1800-2000 rounds through it. For those of you who dont know of Bartlein, they are the best of the best cut rifled barrels. These have all been moderate loads of 36 ish grains of Varget with a 123 bullet so certainly not hot rodded (a lot of people are using 38g Varget with this bullet).  Whilst the barrel is not new it will still shoot groups between 0.5 and 0.75MOA so it is by no means shot out. The 6.5x47 cartridge is generally thought to have quite good barrel life of 3000-4000 rounds. It will come with a Remington trigger as I am keeping the CG Millenium that is on there. All you need to do is add a stock and bottom metal or chassis of your choice and you will have a cracking outfit. The action will be lodged with Ronin on or before 18 September.

I am looking for £400 for the barreled action and trigger or £850 for the whole rifle  + RFD. I will consider offers so long as they are vaguely sensible.

Pictures will follow (probably this evening)

Edited by srvet
whole rifle for sale

Ok so picture time.....

I have decided that I will also sell the stock as I have sourced an alternative

McMillan A5 adjustable in olive green, black, grey marble

has been pillar/devcon bedded £450 ono - first dibs given to those who may want the barreled action as well - £850 for the whole rifle as is

Anschutz rail in the foreend with QD stud , Flush cups on left side of stock and foreend for biathlon sling mounting

Atlasworx bottom metal for AICS mags - 

No mags included, neither is the scope /rings...obviously

IMG_5541.JPG

IMG_5542.JPG

IMG_5543.JPG

IMG_5544.JPG

IMG_5546.JPG

IMG_5547.JPG

I have two good folk after the stock and I have said that I Will split the barreled action and stock at the weekend unless the rifle sells as a whole before then as I would prefer it to go as a whole. If anyone wants the lot, send me a PM before Saturday night

cheers

Stock now sold subject to the usual. Barreled action still for sale at £375 + RFD.  I have been reliably informed this could be rechambered to 6.5 Creedmore if that sort of thing takes your fancy

I believe this rifle won a Comp (Send it Series) at Eskdalemuir at the weekend 

Certainly not inaccurate and worth every penny of the asking price 

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

I believe this rifle won a Comp (Send it Series) at Eskdalemuir at the weekend 

Certainly not inaccurate and worth every penny of the asking price 

It was the very same rifle and was ringing the 1000 yard gong regularly despite the 10-20 mph wind! 😀 

just to clarify the barreled action is still for sale at £375 for the barreled action and rem trigger but not the pic rail

Thanks, I just dug out the last paper targets I shot with this rifle and four consecutive  five shot groups measured 0.506, 0.243, 0.586 and 0.642 CTC. I was shooting from an improvised sand bag on ammo box front rest with a rear bag at the time. I don’t think the barrel is shot out yet!!

• 2 weeks later...