6.5 CM Tikka Tac A1 vs Bergara BMP - user reviews and opinions

MichalS

Dear Sirs,

As I recently acquired an AR 10 in 6.5 CM I'd like to add a bolt action in the same calibre. I was reading rave revievs of Tikka Tac A1 - is it really that good? Another option I'm considering is Bergara BMP which also seems to be a popular option. Rifle will be used for precisiin target shooting.

Michal

Michal

shot a couple of friends TikTacs and there are indeed very good.

in saying that the BMPs that some folks have bought in my old club are also doing very well.

do not envy your position 

T

I have the RPR in 308 and the Tikka in 6.5 CM. I can't speak for the Bergara as I have never been around one other than at the 'sale' rack of the shop in the city. TAC A1s are gone as soon as they come in. The RPR's are a stocking item. The Ruger and the Tikka are both accurate. The Tikka however, is one of the best shooting, smoothest running rifles I have ever owned. I don't think I would use it for hunting due to its weight but as a target rifle it rocks. If there was a gripe it would be the magazine cost. ($110 US) Otherwise, it is one of my favorite long range rifles in every respect.~Andrew

My Bergara HMR shoots well both with factory ammo (0.6 MOA) and with handloads (0.3MOA).  Dont forget the Bergara HMR is £500 / £600 pound less than the Tikka so may be an alternative to the BMP.  They are both good rifles but my budget meant I went for the Bergara HMR and used the savings for a sight.

I love the rifle and it comfortably shoots better than I am capable of at the moment so its a no brainer for me.